Any of this Worth Looking At?

phiya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found a local ad with the following items for sale. I'm wondering if I have a D80, if any of this stuff is worth looking at. Maybe Darrel can come around and give me a clue?

Nikon Equipment for sale

Nikon F3 w/ nikad batteries / no charger = $200.00
Nikon FM w/ 2 MD12 motor drives = $175.00

Nikor 28mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens = $100.00
Nikor 180mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens = $200.00
Nikon AF Nikor 28mm f2.8 Lens = $150.00
Nikon ED AF Nikor 80-200mm f2.8D (Push/Pull) Lens = $500.00

Nikon SB28 Strobes (2) = $75.00 each
Nikon SB25 Strobe = $65.00
Vivitar 283 excellent condition = $65.00
Pelican Case for Cameras = $75.00

Thank you in advance for any help.

Depends on what you want; the 80-200 isn't a bad price, and Vivitar 283 seems like a fair deal.

i was also going to say that the 283 seems like a good buy.

Is the Nikkor 180mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens an ED-glass model, or the older non-ED model? IF it's an ED-model, which has a gold ring around the barrel, it's easily worth $200.

The 80-200 f/2.8 seems like a decent price as long as it's in good condition.
Don't know if you have a use for all those strobes but if you can make a package deal for them all for say around $200 then they'd definetely be worth it. The Nikon strobes are older models but still powerfull and will work fine with your camera in the manual mode.

All those prices are basically high-ebay market value, the seller did his research (except for the FM with the two grips, that's overpriced). The rest isn't a rip-off but nothing is a steal either.

Keep in mind that the manual focus lenses will not meter with your camera, but the autofocus lenses will work flawlessly.

The 80-200mm lens is worth looking at. If it's the two ring version then that price is a steal. If it's a single ring version, $500 is still a good price if it's near mint.

Also, if you ever considered giving film a go, the F3 is one of nikon's best. $200 is a good price if the camera is near flawless, especially check the lcd screen in the viewfinder to make sure it hasn't faded or bleed.

The 80-200mm is my favorite lens, I used the single ring version for years; and now have the AFS version.

Which Pelican case is it?

It's hard to tell from the tiny picture, but it seems to be a hard shelled case with foam that you remove the little squares based on what you want to put into it. Nothing special IMO, but probably better than a lot of the cheap crap floating around on the net.

Most reactions

Back