Any professional sports photographers online?

photopro234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My name is Ralph Gantz and I'm working on becoming a sports photographer with either the Akron Beacon Journal or the Plain Dealer in Cleveland. I was just wonering how many members are also sports photographers.

I shoot some sports. What kind of background do you have in photography, not in shooting sports, just photography in general.

I shoot sports for a newspaper. When you say you're working on becoming a sports shooter for those papers, do you have a contact or is this something you're hoping to accomplish?

I shoot sports too...

My name is Ralph Gantz and I'm working on becoming a sports photographer with either the Akron Beacon Journal or the Plain Dealer in Cleveland. I was just wonering how many members are also sports photographers.

If your looking for local contacts are you a member of Cleveland Photographic Society?

There are some sports shooters here mostly amateur stuff. If you want professionals you should try sportsshooter or fredmiranda.

This is the Internetz, everyone is a subject matter expert and professional on every topic
bigthumb.gif

I have worked in newspaper photography before and then had my own studio where I photographed weddings,portraits,senior high school portraits, newborns and children, and family portraits. I hope and pray that I will be successful as a sports photographer for the Plain Dealer.

Going from shooting weddings, portraits and babies to shooting sports is really a huge change. Camera equipment plays a different roll, longer lens is usually required, as you didn't mention what gear you had, I can't say if you are equiped to shoot sports. Learn about the sports you have to shoot, looking for and using clean backgrounds makes all the difference.

Just wondering why the change from the more static to shooting action?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back