What's new

any race fans?

Cool shots but the saturation seems pushed up pretty high...
 
So, from the looks of it, this was a "head's up" race between Jeff Gordon and Danica Patrick.

Any others?
 
lol, that was far from heads up. danica was six laps down and gordon was 3rd in teh lead lap at that time. lol I just shot that for my dad, he hates danica and loves gordon.

They were very vibrant, some of them. I didnt really shoot the boring ones. I did not touch the saturation at all. I rarely do. I did boost vibrance up in the raw conversion...to around 40-50 ish...but it did not boost much...just a bit.
 
I'm a Nascar fan. These are good shots. Sorry that your dad is a rainbow warrior ;)
 
lol I just shot that for my dad, he hates danica and loves gordon.

I wish Danica would go away. I was watching F1 last sunday and one of the commentators said that there was talk of her going to F1! She would get eaten alive!

Frankly she sucks. She is good...for a female, but not good overall. Wait another 3-5 years, there are some very talented female driver climbing the ranks.
 
She's won a poll and lead laps in Nascar and won in indy car (yeah, I know there are like 5 drivers). I don't think she sucks that bad. There may be others to come after her but she is helping to create that opening for them to start younger and get better and more practice and opportunities.

Also, keep in mind who she has and is driving for. SHR is a quality team with a proven champion as owner and JRM has the backing of HMS and I think Rick would voice his opion about who drives there.

That being said, the media does over-hype her but they have over hyped Gordon, and Lagano and Dale Jr too (and I'm a Dale Jr fan).
 
She's won a poll and lead laps in Nascar and won in indy car (yeah, I know there are like 5 drivers). I don't think she sucks that bad. There may be others to come after her but she is helping to create that opening for them to start younger and get better and more practice and opportunities.

Also, keep in mind who she has and is driving for. SHR is a quality team with a proven champion as owner and JRM has the backing of HMS and I think Rick would voice his opion about who drives there.

That being said, the media does over-hype her but they have over hyped Gordon, and Lagano and Dale Jr too (and I'm a Dale Jr fan).


I don't follow nascar enough to know the teams, but I do know that she is way overhyped.

I just thought the idea of her being able to compete in F1 hilarious.
 
I don't know much about F1 but she has competed at the other series, so she'd have to prove that she couldn't in my book.
 
I don't know much about F1 but she has competed at the other series, so she'd have to prove that she couldn't in my book.

She did Indy car but that's like comparing a riding mower to a Porsche.
 
Is F1 the series were the guy ignored team orders to pass and win a race instead of letting his teammate win? If so, doesn't sound like racing to me.
 
ive been enjoying it lately. most of my stuff has been sideways action though. working across the street from the indianapolis speedway has its advantages though. went over there during lunch a week or two back when they were tire testing. and i can hear the indy cars out at pratice right now. downside is i lost my connection to pit/garage passes. so can't get up close this year.
 
Is F1 the series were the guy ignored team orders to pass and win a race instead of letting his teammate win? If so, doesn't sound like racing to me.

As compared to...?

;)

p.s. that is a complicated issue that got dumbed down by the media.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
all drivers can drive. some are just better than others. The media tends to ruin many things...it's normal. I like underdogs....so I rooted for her. We listened to her on the scanners, had to turn it off after 5 minutes...very annoying. Like listening to a woman gossip, while she was driving...crazy. I'd be nuts if I was her team having to listen to that chatter. I'd be like "um, can you just shut up and race"

I have a lot more photos coming. Just don't really feel like messing with them now. lol. I will post 'em as I process 'em.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom