Any singers or guitarists here?

I've had $150 guitars and $2,000 guitars, there is a hugh difference.
Definitely! Cheap ones are definitely good to learn on, but from (my wife's) experience, they get frustrating really fast. Do agree that one shouldn't jump into a $2K guitar, but spend a little more than the basic if it really is something that one really wants to learn. That's why it's important to go to the store and check them out.. just like a camera.

Agreed. I'd say that really anything under about $150 is something that should be avoided. NOTE: This is a generalization as, there are some guitars in that group exceptions.

@jowensphoto - I hope this discussion is helping you?

Thank you all! Time got away from me yesterday and I didn't get a chance to check back.

All good points. I did read about string height, but forgot to consider the size of the neck - I have weird hands. I can palm a basketball but I have short hands - just hypermobile finger joints lol

We have a couple local music shops...oh! Actually, in Winchester, there's a guitar shop called Blind Faith. The man who owns it is blind and a really amazing guitar player.

Thanks for all the gee-tar advice :) Any vocal resources? I'm not ready for youtube, but I'd like to find a place for feedback.

Welp, found what I was looking for - there's apparently an active local musicians forum - and they sell their old stuff on there!

We are taking a trip to the pawn shop this weekend! If anything, I can get a feel for what fits me and the old man can check out the bows :)

I, of course, will check out the camera/lens stock as well!

So we never made it to the pawn shop, lol

BUT.... BIG BUT...

I GOT A GUITAR!!!

I found an amaaaazing deal on Craigslist yesterday and the whole thing unfolded so perfectly. The seller lives across the street from my SO's parents and I had to go there anyway to pick up my daughter after work.

Guitar is a Bristol (made by Blueridge) bd-16 and the guy threw in a hard case, neck strap and some cleaning supplies. Brand new strings... that cost more than I paid for everything!

SO excited!

Guitars are fun. I have a really old electric Epiphone that I use and an acoustic Hohner

I've missed you! You never even said goodbye :'(

Most reactions

Back