Anybody ever use a SD to CF adapter?

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about buying one to see if it'll work for my D700. I had a little incident with the pins bending where my memory card goes, and was hoping this would help so that wouldn't happen again. I almost had a heart attack!

Has anybody tried one of these, or is currently using one?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but you'd still have to put the CF shaped adapter into the camera (and pull it out every time)....so you'd still have the same risk of bending a pin.
Or does the adapter stay in the camera and you only remove the SD card?

Either way...I'm not sure I like the idea. It just adds another point of contact where something could go wrong with the files being saved to the card. I'd think that just being careful with your CF cards should be easy enough.

I had a little incident with the pins bending where my memory card goes, and was hoping this would help so that wouldn't happen again.

Then keep your memory cards in cases. The ones they come with are great for that, and if you want you can even put then in a little zip lock bag also.

I use a SDHC one in my 5DMk2 with a 4GB Eyefi card, The eyefi card saves me having to remove the CF card to upload the images to the computer.

The Eyefi card sends a bit slower from within the SDHC holder but works well once within a close'ish proximity to the wifi router.

Just be mindful/careful putting the CF card in the camera. I've been using CF cards for years and years and have never bent a pin in the camera, though I did once bend a pin in an el cheapo CF card reader.

Most reactions

Back