Anyone else noticed this?

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive noticed that there are about 3 postings on here about focusing problems with the D3000. Is there a problem or is it just a few not knowing exactly what there doing?

I would think if it were a real problem, there would be a lot more than 3 posts about it...

Hard to know what exactly is going wrong for those people without seeing the pictures. I suspect maybe a fast lens and small DOF though.

EDIT
Just saw one of the threads you're talking about... Sounds more like user error than a faulty camera (no offense to the guy in that thread).

Last edited:
It's a newly released, entry level camera and people tend to start shooting before they have comprehensively read the users manual, let alone approach understanding it.

After all, how hard can it be, it's just taking pictures! :er:

Most of their answers are usually right there in the manual. :thumbup:

The camera has a moderately-sophisticated (for Nikon), 11-point AF system, but it seems that many buyers of this camera are not quite as sophisticated as the AF system.:lol:

I notice the "focusing issues" seem to come from people who barely even know how to use an adjustable, interchangeable lens camera, and none of them seem very confident in their abilities, so it seems to be user inexperience more than anything.

The camera has a moderately-sophisticated (for Nikon), 11-point AF system, but it seems that many buyers of this camera are not quite as sophisticated as the AF system.

ROFL

Most focusing problem are the result of NN Syndrome.

1) Meaning,the Numb Nuts presses the shutter halfway to focus, then releases pressure (unlocking focus) and then presses again to take the picture.

2) Other times it's caused while the shooter is eyeballing the center of the frame, they don't pay attention when the AF point on the far left that locks focus on something other than the subject.

This Numb Nuts (me), turns off all the focus points except dead center because of reason number 2!

This Numb Nuts (me), turns off all the focus points except dead center because of reason number 2!

Me too. How the hell does nikon know what i wana focus on

Most reactions

New Topics

Back