What's new

Anyone else shoot the la jolla fireworks?

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
330
Reaction score
125
Location
La Jolla, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got to go out and get pics of the la jolla fireworks on the fourth. First time shooting fireworks, and I definitely wish I had a remote trigger. It was cool with the reflections over the water though.

Any C&C is welcome! Not sure when the next chance I'll have to shoot fireworks is, but comments / tips are always appreciated!

IMG_7227 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_7266 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr
 
I did.. here's what I ended up with:



I'm not sure but I think it might have had something to do with the fact that La Jolla is about 1600 miles away from my house. Maybe a better zoom lens next year.. lol

You might be better off attaching that zoom to a satellite my friend.
 
I did.. here's what I ended up with:



I'm not sure but I think it might have had something to do with the fact that La Jolla is about 1600 miles away from my house. Maybe a better zoom lens next year.. lol

You might be better off attaching that zoom to a satellite my friend.
Eh, maybe. But if I'm shooting from a satellite wont I need like scuba gear or something?
 
I think you might need a little more than scuba gear. Unless you have some awesome diving equipment no one knows about

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
I think you might need a little more than scuba gear. Unless you have some awesome diving equipment no one knows about

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well Nebraska is world renown for it's scuba gear. Umm.. nahh.. ok, I guess I'll just see what I can find on Ebay.. lol
 
Ya, even the 150 - 500 didn't have the reach. but I enjoyed what you posted. The one posted by robbins could probably use an exposure boost of a couple stops.
 
Ya, even the 150 - 500 didn't have the reach. but I enjoyed what you posted. The one posted by robbins could probably use an exposure boost of a couple stops.
Nah, you just failed to understand my artistic vision is all, the exposure was perfect.. rotfl
 
Thanks baturn. And I think Robbins photo was a bit too cooked in Photoshop personally. Just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
Thanks baturn. And I think Robbins photo was a bit too cooked in Photoshop personally. Just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How dare you deny the utter genius of my HDR (Holy crap this is a Dark Room)! Philistines. No appreciation for true art.

Lol
 
Thanks baturn. And I think Robbins photo was a bit too cooked in Photoshop personally. Just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How dare you deny the utter genius of my HDR (Holy crap this is a Dark Room)! Philistines. No appreciation for true art.

Lol

Pffft amateur. Everyone knows you're supposed to get it right in camera, which is why I carry around all my watermarks with me. I can't be ruining my images with silly software.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
Thanks baturn. And I think Robbins photo was a bit too cooked in Photoshop personally. Just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How dare you deny the utter genius of my HDR (Holy crap this is a Dark Room)! Philistines. No appreciation for true art.

Lol

Pffft amateur. Everyone knows you're supposed to get it right in camera, which is why I carry around all my watermarks with me. I can't be ruining my images with silly software.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So the idea is to ruin them on the camera instead? Wow.. ok, maybe your more of a visionary than I originally gave you credit for being.. lol
 
How dare you deny the utter genius of my HDR (Holy crap this is a Dark Room)! Philistines. No appreciation for true art.

Lol

Pffft amateur. Everyone knows you're supposed to get it right in camera, which is why I carry around all my watermarks with me. I can't be ruining my images with silly software.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So the idea is to ruin them on the camera instead? Wow.. ok, maybe your more of a visionary than I originally gave you credit for being.. lol

Why waste hours of time in post overcooking an image when I can just ruin it while I'm taking it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
Pffft amateur. Everyone knows you're supposed to get it right in camera, which is why I carry around all my watermarks with me. I can't be ruining my images with silly software.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So the idea is to ruin them on the camera instead? Wow.. ok, maybe your more of a visionary than I originally gave you credit for being.. lol

Why waste hours of time in post overcooking an image when I can just ruin it while I'm taking it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Crafty. My chapeau is officially doffed. Lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom