First time shooting fireworks with a slow shutter

Very nice set! I would have been quite happy to capture a set like that.

beautiful. How do you guys identify what makes a good firework shot vs a bad one?

Great set! Cloning out the structure is better to see the water reflections. Thanks for sharing your settings.

Very nice set! I would have been quite happy to capture a set like that.

I’m very happy with them for a first try - just looking for things to improve on for next time. Thanks for the feedback!

Great stuff!
Thanks!

beautiful. How do you guys identify what makes a good firework shot vs a bad one?

I like the setting to be visible and in focus - not just a photo of the sky. A good foreground and/or background are what I like.

Great set! Cloning out the structure is better to see the water reflections. Thanks for sharing your settings.

Thanks!

Sharon it looks like you hit your exposures very well.
When using the clone tool, be aware of repetitive patterns.

Sharon it looks like you hit your exposures very well.
When using the clone tool, be aware of repetitive patterns.

Thanks for the advice and comments!

Nailed the exposure; a shame about that dolphin, but not much you can do.

Yeah - I will know for next time to be further left or right to avoid it being dead center and all lit up like that.

A very good job on the cloning. These are really nice fireworks shots.

Hi,
I know I am going against the grain but I like the structure in the water. In my opinion its better composition and adds another visual element to the story. Without it - its a pix of fireworks (although very good) - with it - there is a sense of place, mystery, and presents more than a fine fireworks. When I saw it I said wow, my opinion is keep it in because it adds another wow factor to the image. Very well crafted.

Really nice, especially for a first time.

Hi,
I know I am going against the grain but I like the structure in the water. In my opinion its better composition and adds another visual element to the story. Without it - its a pix of fireworks (although very good) - with it - there is a sense of place, mystery, and presents more than a fine fireworks. When I saw it I said wow, my opinion is keep it in because it adds another wow factor to the image. Very well crafted.
In some of them it is a distraction from the main subjects which are the fireworks and the cityscape. But I agree in a few it is an interesting element. Thanks for your input!

Really nice, especially for a first time.

Thanks! It was a lot of fun and looking forward to trying it again next year for the big display here on the 4th!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back