Anyone Ever Tried Making an HDR Panorama?

That's a great shot! I'd love to know his method.

As I said to Sideburns, my concern is for when I don't have a tripod. If I do have a tripod, then I agree that it probably won't be an issue - the spherical projection should be the same if the bracketing is done on each shot. I may just have to suck it up and say that I can't do this hand-held.

I think that's pretty much how it looks.

Two things I thought of that might make it easier:

1) leave the exposure the same for all the shots. You'd have to find a middle ground so as not to have any blow outs, but you might end up with a bit of lost detail throughout. It's hard enough on one frame, I can't imagine it's easy accross several.

2) When messing with your RAW's, create images of each section of the pano that are overexposed by 2 stops, and underexposed by 2 stops. I don't use RAW all that much (something about to change once I cough up the bills for CS3), so I'm not positive how much leeway you have there. If you can just do that, it would be like doing a normal pano and you won't have to deal with a bunch of bracketed images that might be off a hair here or there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inexistentia/370271696/

Shaun loves his HDR panos. Somewhere in his flickr stream he meantioned which software he was using. I'll ask him when he's next online and if this thread is still going i'll let you know. But it takes care of everything. All you need to do is manually bracket your exposures as you're going through and the software stitches straight to HDR. Tonemapping needs to be done after as far as I remember.

Quoting myself, but he says he uses Autopano pro to go straight to HDR.

Hi guys, sorry to join this a little late...I don't normally venture too far from the landscape forum but just seen this. This was my first and only attempt at a pano, I went hdr because the foreground was very dark and although the sun was covered by clouds it was setting behind the tree, so the sky was quite bright. I didn't want to use filters because of the chance of darkening the tops of the hills.
It's 9 shots (x3 bracket exposure) in portrait 180 degrees, not really happy with the comp but as I said it's a first try at panos. I used the Panorama factory, Photomatix and cs2 to process.

sycamore%20gap%20pano%20portrait%20copy2.jpg

Ken.

Most reactions

Back