Anyone Familiar With X-Rite Monitor Calibration

$Untitled-5.jpg

^^ did you just edit that one??

you know whats weird. look how the image looks when i double click it to view on the windows viewer.

$Untitled-6.jpg -> next i double clicked $Untitled-7.jpg <- this on my monitor looks super dark till the point i cant even see if there is dust or hairs from the clothes, Next i drag it into photoshop and it looks so much brighter here like what is going on ->$Untitled-8.jpg

yeah i just edited on the dell monitor (U2412M)

Maybe photoshop is using the correct color profile (from the calibration) but windows isn't.....Not sure though

yeah thats what i think is going on also

It's easy enough to check. In windows go to the control panel and click colour management. In the window should be your ICC profile generated by the xrite software.
In Photoshop click edit -> colour settings. Next to the text that says "RGB" click the dropdown box and look (BUT DON'T SELECT) at the profile called "Monitor RGB" If Photoshop has loaded the colour profile correctly then you should see it listed next to Monitor RGB.

What settings have you set in the software for calibrating? It would be strange for the black point to be off so far on a monitor profile. It is supposed to rarely change even on quite dramatically different screens.

Also your Dell monitor has a 82% gamut coverage for AdobeRGB. This means it can display more colours than a normal screen. It also means that any program that doesn't read your colour profile will display colours wrong. Welcome to colour management hell.
By the way if you ever want to see the internet correctly I suggest you right click on your Google Chrome icon in your task bar, then right click on the popup "Google Chrome" and click properties, then append " --enable-monitor-profile" to the application executable.

Most reactions

Back