What's new

anyone have any success in doing this?

It gets uglier yet. If in the U.S.A., when the value of the camera is declared as income, the state income tax people will probably coordinate with the state sales and use tax people and he'd also owe sales tax on the camera.

No, sales tax wouldn't be charged again for an item already purchased and taxed, and then given as compensation. It would simply be "income".

If that were true, I would ask my employer to give me his Mercedes instead of a paycheck for the next "X" amount of time. That way, I'd receive the equivalent of the cash, I would pay only income tax and end up with a car!

Cars and TITLING are a different animal.

Sales & use tax is due every time that an item changes ownership.
I could prove this wrong numerous times. But you are the forum know it all, you can puzzle it out for yourself.
 
No, sales tax wouldn't be charged again for an item already purchased and taxed, and then given as compensation. It would simply be "income".

If that were true, I would ask my employer to give me his Mercedes instead of a paycheck for the next "X" amount of time. That way, I'd receive the equivalent of the cash, I would pay only income tax and end up with a car!

Cars and TITLING are a different animal.

Why? The only difference is that the existence of a title makes it easier for the state to enforce the law.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom