Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We're considering getting TiVo and right now they have a pretty nice special running (but it only runs through today). Just thought we'd check to see if anyone has or, or has used it and if you liked it or not :)

Alison said:
We're considering getting TiVo and right now they have a pretty nice special running (but it only runs through today). Just thought we'd check to see if anyone has or, or has used it and if you liked it or not :)

GO.
NOW.
BUY TIVO.
STOP READING. :mrgreen:
i worship my tivo (not really but...). it's the best thing i have ever spent money on. if you watch tv you won't be dissapointed. i can't imagine watchign tv without it. i've just gotten so used to it. it's so awesomem because (obviously) you can pause live tv. which has become cliched now, but once you start doing it, you'll be amazed at how useful it is! not to mention, you can record shows, so if you have a show you really like, and might not be around to see it, or you just wanna make sure you don't miss it, etc. never fear! tivo is here! you can set it up to tape all the showings of your favorites. before i go on a never-ending rant about it, let me say that i fully believe that whoever invented tivo deserves a nobel prize (right up there with the guy who made mapquest). if you have favorite shows that you watch regularly or are sick of getting interrupted by things, buy it now. go go go!

:scratch: It's hard to say if you really like it :lol: Aubrey is going back to school starting next month and we thought it would be nice to be able to record our favorite shows so we can still watch them together. That, and we're getting old and can't stay up as late to watch some of our favorites ;)

Alison said:
:scratch: It's hard to say if you really like it :lol: Aubrey is going back to school starting next month and we thought it would be nice to be able to record our favorite shows so we can still watch them together. That, and we're getting old and can't stay up as late to watch some of our favorites ;)

ah it'd be perfect for you methinx! believe me, it's worth every penny!

slickhare said:
GO.
NOW.
BUY TIVO.
STOP READING.

The thread really ended right there. He is right!

I have had TiVo for a long time and it literally changed my life. There used to be maybe 2-3 shows a week that I always liked to see. I would sometimes re-arrange my schedule to make sure I would be able to see it. I would sit down and watch burning up usually an hour or more of my evening.

Then a friend loaned me his TiVo. Within a week the entire way that I enjoyed TV changed. I discovered new shows that I liked, I was able to get up in the middle of a show without missing part of it and perhaps best of all I could watch TV whenever it was good for ME instead of changing my schedule to catch a show.

Now I can sit down at 1:42 PM on a Sunday and KNOW that there is something good on TV. And as a bonus I can watch an hour of TV in abour 45 minutes or so after you get done zipping past all the commercials.

Now that I have a TiVo I spend less time watching TV but the time I do spend is watching something I like, not just what happens to be on at the time.

And dont even get me started on wishlists and season passes and how cool they are... want everything with George C. Scott or maybe something with "April" in the title..

I am done praising the awesomeness that is TiVo but then you did not read any of this anyway since you already had all the advice you need... now go.. GO!

TiVO is the best thing that ever happened to my TV viewing. No commercials, watch and rewatch and always something to keep the kids occupied. If you have the opportunity get the biggest Hard drive you can, ususally the deals come with the base model (still good but you will have to make space). I have a 70GB HD, today's base model and wish I had more. I love looking at the tivo (when the tv is off) and seeing the recording light on, my TiVO loves me.

GET THE TIVO!!!

photo gal said:
Well it looks like I am chimimg in late but we love our Tivo.......So did you go for it? : )

We couldn't tell if it was really a good thing. I don't think we had enough input so we're going to hold off for a while...

:biglaugh:

Yeah, we pretty much knew we should go ahead and get it with the first two replies so we have one on the way. :cheer:

Thanks ya'll for replying. :biggrin:

That's really cool. There's Tivo in britain or Sky + which is essentially the same I want those but i don't tihnk I would use it that much. plus I don't fancy playing the extra monthly price.

hobbes28 said:
We couldn't tell if it was really a good thing. I don't think we had enough input so we're going to hold off for a while...

:biglaugh:

Yeah, we pretty much knew we should go ahead and get it with the first two replies so we have one on the way. :cheer:

Thanks ya'll for replying. :biggrin:

You won't regret it!....I love the way you can set up a season pass of your favorites.......so you never have to remember to record....It remembers for you!

Just thought I'd update any of ya'll that took place in the decision process. We got our TiVo last week sometime and hooked it right on up. It came at the perfect time because we love Grey's Anatomy but it comes on too late on Sunday for us to stay awake and watch so it was our first victim of the DVR. It's awesome! Just like everyone has already told us, it is the best thing to come out since television. Also, recently I discovered another option available... You can go online and set up whatever shows you'd like to record from anywhere. So, while we're in DC, if a show comes up that we'd like to watch but can't, all we have to do is stop somewhere with internet and tell it to record whatever we'd like. I would say that is the best option but there are so many great features that I wouldn't know how to even start the ratings.

Long story short: I've never heard people give such good reviews of an item and it actually exceed all of the expectations I develop... until now. Awesome!

You can also set up the tivo to record anything you might want to see before you leave..Check your local listings........you can do a search and find movies, shows...etc........and the season pass thingie is really cool! Congrats and so glad it is serving you well!!! : )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back