Anyone here ever try model mayhem

Kbarredo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I want to go into shooting people but I am having finding people that arent too self conscious to pose. So I looked on model mayhem and I didnt realize how many models I have in my town. In compensation part is that what I pay them or what they pay me. Im not quite sure how it works. There were a couple with no experience at all so they might be cheaper or even free.

You'll find lots that work for free (or rather, in exchange for the photos).

Model Mayhem > Browse > Models, Female, {your town}, Compaensation: Time for print OR Depends on Assignment > Search > , Find suitable models, send messages, take photos, post photos on TPF for C&C

Also, you may have noticed that you can search by models willing to shoot nudes, but most of them will only do nudes for paid assignments.

Lol i dont do nudes. Do i need to sign up to contact them also am I the only one that takes forever to upload a photo.

i have shot a few from there they were ok, i had to do lots of directing, which was good cause i can always use practice in that area.. although it is like any other free session. I thought they would value my time considering they asked to model, but one was 2 hours late and the other one 1 hour late.. and the other one didnt even bother to call me and cancel so i ended up sitting there waiting till i called her...so just if you can tell them your time is valuable and won't tolerate lateness (in the nicest words possible lol)

i have shot a few from there they were ok, i had to do lots of directing, which was good cause i can always use practice in that area.. although it is like any other free session. I thought they would value my time considering they asked to model, but one was 2 hours late and the other one 1 hour late.. and the other one didnt even bother to call me and cancel so i ended up sitting there waiting till i called her...so just if you can tell them your time is valuable and won't tolerate lateness (in the nicest words possible lol)
Well hopefully the people are polite enough to talk to me. Seriously though im getting tired of asking self conscious people. I even asked pretty girls Ive worked with and they say they are too fat. UGGGGHHHH

Same thing for me. I've shoot a couple so far but had 4 canceling on me the day before the shoot or the same day. I've had one no show.

So far out of 7 Scheduled shoot i was able to shoot 2.

I promise myself that next time i am shooting with a model mayhem model, i will be calling her the day before the shoot to comfirm if she is coming or not so i dont prep the studio and wait an hour at the studio for nothing.

All signed up now comes the wait for approvalFingers crossed

There's a lot of fakes on there.

I arranged a Strobist meet at the Frederick Keys minor league stadium in Maryland (a nice stadium too) and something like 10 girl were signed up and confirmed to be there. 1 showed up. There were 20 photographers and 1 model.

I haven't used model mayhem for a shoot since then.

There's a lot of fakes on there.

I arranged a Strobist meet at the Frederick Keys minor league stadium in Maryland (a nice stadium too) and something like 10 girl were signed up and confirmed to be there. 1 showed up. There were 20 photographers and 1 model.

I haven't used model mayhem for a shoot since then.

hahah jesus, i would have ran away and hide in a closet for weeks

So I want to go into shooting people but I am having finding people that arent too self conscious to pose. So I looked on model mayhem and I didnt realize how many models I have in my town. In compensation part is that what I pay them or what they pay me. Im not quite sure how it works. There were a couple with no experience at all so they might be cheaper or even free.

Hey K. I use MM a lot and I love it. Most of the models on there are amateurs and are more than willing to do a TFCD shoot. All u have to do is message them!

So let me get this right, photographers look for models in the site and the photographer pays the model ? does the model ever pay the photographer ?

From quickly browsing the site it looks as if it can go both ways. The site is more of a match making site for all things photography related. From the way it looks to me:

1. A new model can search for a pro/semi pro photog to pay for a shoot.
2. A new photog can search for a pro/semi pro model to pay for a shoot.
3. A new model/photog can search for a new photog/model and trade time for time even up.
4. Same as all of the above with makeup/photo retouching/etc etc

You could be a new photographer looking for a new model. You both need to build your portfolio and don't have the cash to pay for the services of others. You contact each other and maybe a new make up artist who is trying to build their portfolio as well. You all get together and do a shoot sharing the photos with each other as examples of your work.

You could be a new photog looking to get more professional results and are willing to pay a "top local" model for their time for a release of the photos to use. All around like a craigslist for photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back