Anyone here own horses?

JodieO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jottephotography.com
What kind? Is it casual or do you show?

I just bought my first three horses this past year. For my daughter, I have a QH/TWH, for my son I have a QH/Percheron cross, and for me, I have an American Warmblood - a Thoroughbred/Percheron - here he is, he's my buddy... I LOVE him... but he is so big, I may have my husband ride him and I get one more, if my husband gets more involved with the horses... (my husband is 6' 2" and a former football player...)

We are all casual riders, boy is it fun... my kids (ages 8 adn 11) have a BLAST with me going up to the stables... it is such a great clean family hobby.

Here's me and my big boy... love him... he has the greatest personality. I was out in the field in the pitch black, calling his name, I heard his feet thundering toward me, galloping full blast... I was scared because I couldn't see him, but sure enough, he slid to a stop, three feet in front of me and stood there looking at me like "You called?" Someone offered me 9 grand for him recently and I declined - you couldn't make me sell him for the world! I'm going to be jumping him by the fall... I go this Tuesday to make a day out of working with him (unless we get snowed in.... :x)

2156159174_5c3c3162eb.jpg

I used to compete BSJ, but unfortunatly my thoroughbred smashed his hock. It resulting in me loosing him and since then the riding dwindled off. Iv not ridden for around 5 years :(

I also had an IDxTB which i intended to showjump to but she was more inclinded for dressage so i sold her.

Not own, but share. My wife Sandy rides Bess, a 16.2 hunter type mare, twice a week because her owner doesn't have time to ride as much as she would like. We live in the New Forest, which is 125 square miles of open heath, moor and woodland in the south of England, so Sandy and Bess just hack out for a couple of hours on Mondays and Wednesdays, sometimes on their own and sometimes with other ladies from the livery yard. Sandy comes from here and has been riding in the forest since she was 7, so it's really in her blood.

My daughter has weekly lessons at a riding school in a class of girls her own age. Once or twice Sandy has borrowed a pony from the yard where Bess lives and taken our daughter out in the forest, where she learnt the hard way the reason her teacher keeps telling her to keep her reins short enough that she can steer. I'm not sure if she will stick at it once she reaches her teens.

Anyway, here is Sandy on Bess, with our daughter standing:

Not myself, but my grandfather used to own several, and now my unlces (on my mom's side).
Most of them are work horses, used for riding in the ranches. Mi nieces ride theirs in charreadas. I haven't seen any of them (the horses) in a long while. :(

I wish I could! I'm excited that the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show starts this weekend and I can get my fix there. :)

I ride, and will be part boarding a friends horse soon!

Nice pic!

And... You wanna buy me a horse? lol

Most reactions

Back