Anyone Hungry...????

... Humankind wouldn't be where we are had they not begun to eat animal proteins at one stage in their development. There's a reason for why we are omnivores.

Yeah - there's a frequent ad on Aus TV about "eating red meat" that highlights the importance of eating red meat to the development of humans...

I even eat the odd LAMB roast (though it is way too expensive to have more often than once a year or so). I push every thought of how cute lambs are aside then!

Oh well, lamb is cheaper than beef in Aus... legs out at $4.15 a kilo at our local supermarket today

And I much prefer to eat animal MUSCLES than ANYTHING ELSE from an animal!!!!!!!

This is True - we were quite poor when I was young: mother used to buy half a pigs head from the butcher and we'd eat the cheek-meat and brains and all... Also Tripe - which is the lining (lumen) of a cow's stomach... There is also "cow heel" the shank of a cow's leg boiled to strip away all the meat and leave the gelatinous cartilage to eat - apparently yummy...

I think eating cow or lamb or chicken or fish is no worse than eating whale or snails or frog's legs... but what about those poor prawns - scooped from their briny environment and plunged alive into boiling water...
Also here in Aus, Aboriginal people eat live caterpillars (Witchity Grubs) as well as snake and lizard. Kangaroo, Emu and Crocodile meat can be bought at stores - and is delicious...
Like Oliver said: "Please Sir, Can I have some more..?"
Jedo

Most reactions

Back