Anyone know what this is called?

DigitalDiva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yet another exotic I found in the flower shop here in town. I really should know the names of these. I just look and buy. Shot this afternoon. It was really rainy and cloudy here. Made for nice diffused lighting. I shot these in my hallway.

Any comments on which you find the most interesting or strongest. Thanks! :)

Orchids%20Pinkish%20(16).jpg

Orchids%20Pinkish%20(22).jpg

Orchids%20Pinkish%20(25).jpg

Orchids%20Pinkish%20(3).jpg

Well, I personally love the second.
I really like the off-centredness of the composition, and the diagonal division of the frame by the leaf (lovely colour, that leaf, :biggrin: ), offering an exciting composition. Maybe DOF is a tad too shallow, but other than that! 2.

Followed by 3. Very vivid colour with again the lovely green of the leaves as background. Beautiful. Is DOF the same? Looks like it ... and works better here than in 2, I think.

All this is only my opinion, of course.

And unfortunately, I cannot help you with regards to the name of this flower... I am notoriously bad a remembering the names of plants.

Thanks, LaFoto! I appreciate your input. Was hoping you might know, since we're neighbours and all. I have never seen so many exotic flowers until moving here!!

Close!

#2 is f4.5 and #3 is f6.3

but with exotic, do you mean exotic to you or exotic to the netherlands?
I havent got a clue what they are though, even if it was a dutch flower :)
Shame the first one wasnt far enough of the wall, dont really like the texture of the wall there. But i do like the 3rd one, nice colors and good DOF.

Harstikke bedankt, doenoe.

As for #1....nothing a little PS cannot fix. ;) But yeah...I agree that the wall texture doesn't add to it.

Exotic to me for sure! But this also looks rather tropical and unconvential, even for the Netherlands. Vind je dat ook?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back