anyone own an olympus xz-2 ?

jamiebonline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all,

i have been looking for a small digital camera to carry around with me at all times. something with full manual control, shoots raw and has a built in flash and fairly fast lens. i found an olympus xz-2 for sale and contacted the seller. she said the screen is a little cracked but it is still functional. the price is a little less than 100 dollars. The camera is from 2012 originally. Anyone have any experience of this camera? I saw some sample shots online that looked good.

cheers!

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yep, one of my students had one and I got some time to handle it and see what it could do. It's a nice little camera and capable of good results. A cracked screen does sound serious however.

Joe

OP
jamiebonline

jamiebonline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yep, one of my students had one and I got some time to handle it and see what it could do. It's a nice little camera and capable of good results. A cracked screen does sound serious however.

Joe

Hey Joe, as Hendrix would say,

It is a touchscreen and it is cracked but still works. Is the concern that it could malfunction internally in some way? Or simply the crack get worse? I suppose I better investigate further.

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Joe

Hey Joe, as Hendrix would say,

It is a touchscreen and it is cracked but still works. Is the concern that it could malfunction internally in some way? Or simply the crack get worse? I suppose I better investigate further.

Yeah, cracks get worse and they expose what's on the inside to what's on the outside. Both scary possibilities.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics