Anyone pick up a D7500 yet?

I am getting one next week replacing the D7200 for the FPS, Raw Buffer and improved AF over the D7200 that's already excellent.. Despite some down grades from the D7200 reviews are looking pretty good so far.
Hmm I'm surprised you don't have a D500 yet TBH...

Nikon in general is experiencing really slow sales

Ohh here we go again. Nikon shutting down again. I'm sick of hearing it.

The AF has been a large learning curve for me from the 39 & 51 pt systems.
Starting to get slightly off-topic from OP's original question, but I would absolutely agree, there was a bit of a learning curve with the D500, especially coming from an older lower-end body. So far, any AF issues I've had have been due to user error and just not tweaking the right settings, and not an issue with the body. If anything, some of my older lenses have found new life on a body that can actually track subjects effectively with them.
Ohh here we go again. Nikon shutting down again. I'm sick of hearing it.

You said it not me.

That's pretty much what you're applying. So what do you want people to do? Switch to Canon, Sony and Fuji? Nikon sucks right?

Actually, when I looked for 'nikon shutting down' on the forum search engine, the only thread I found was this one:
Could Nikon be shutting down?

Chuasam did not post in that one. Am I missing something?

It's just that I hear it everywhere now. It's on every forum and comments on blogs and youtube videos. Yeah Nikon sucks, I get it. They're failing.

Yeah, I really like being reminded that I bought into a failing company. It seems like being a Nikon user these days has a bad stigma attached to it and it's driving me nuts.

I don't know anymore, I'm starting to lose it I think. I SWEAR all my problems started after becoming involved in photography forums/communities , it's quite possible it's time for me to move on from these.

I just want to enjoy photography like I did years ago and as of late I'm just full of negativity and doubt in my photography and it's just no longer enjoyable to me. I gotta make a change that will make it enjoyable for me again.

No I haven't, but thanks for asking.

No I haven't, but thanks for asking.
Yeah, don't worry as it's not good enough so I'm going to wait for the D7600.
It should have came with
- 6 SD card slots, so you can backup your backups multiple times.
- 75 fps
- built in remote wireless flash triggers
- wireless interface to a coffee maker
- a new "Kit" 10-400/1.2 AF-P super zoom with better IQ than primes at a sub $300 price and pocketable.

oh, and a grip.
:)

Seems the D7500 is getting trashed by some people that don't even own one being only one card slot and no grip and I think there missing the point of it not cannibalizing sales from the D500 and it would IMO if had almost everything the D500 minus a few. I think not offering a grip for additional sales is stupid though.

Last edited:
Seems the D7500 is getting trashed by some people that don't even own one being only one card slot and no grip and I think there missing the point of it not cannibalizing sales from the D500 and it would IMO if had almost everything the D500 minus a few. I think not offering a grip for additional sales is stupid though.
I agree about the grip. Kind of strange that Nikon would not want the extra $250 per camera for a grip that costs less than a $1 to make? I have had 3 cards fail (4 if you count the one my cat thought was a chew toy). But I could have lived with the single card slot.. But considering the D500 I bought has 17k clicks and costs $200 more than the D7500 I couldn't resist. Plus it is coming with a 3rd party grip(which probably doesn't work) 2 extra batteries, 64 and 32gb xqd cards and other extras it was an easy decision.. Not sure if the 18-35 is going to be a keeper for me, but I have always wanted to try that lens anyways...

Contrary to the naysayers I think the D7500 is a nice upgrade from the D7200 for anyone that shoots sports or wildlife.. Improved AF, 8 Fps and a real buffer are pretty important when you shoot moving things.. The 24 vs 21MP sensor is totally blown out of proportion and there is no discernable difference in real world shooting, IMHO

I will check out the D7500 at Milford Photo Monday see if I like and its not to small.I already seen a used one at B&H for 1099 but not big enough of a savings to have a shorter warranty used warranty.

You think that's bad? the Grip on my D810 cost more than an entry level DSLR :(

It's just that I hear it everywhere now. It's on every forum and comments on blogs and youtube videos. Yeah Nikon sucks, I get it. They're failing.

Yeah, I really like being reminded that I bought into a failing company. It seems like being a Nikon user these days has a bad stigma attached to it and it's driving me nuts.

I don't know anymore, I'm starting to lose it I think. I SWEAR all my problems started after becoming involved in photography forums/communities , it's quite possible it's time for me to move on from these.

I just want to enjoy photography like I did years ago and as of late I'm just full of negativity and doubt in my photography and it's just no longer enjoyable to me. I gotta make a change that will make it enjoyable for me again.
I'm kinda going the other way with the whole 'nikon's in trouble' vibe. I'm doubling-down rather than jumping ship.

When I had the choice to either buy a nice telephoto prime lens OR get a brand new 200-500 from nikon, I went with the new lens in part because it would directly benefit my struggling brothers in Japan, whereas buying a used lens would not.

I don't see a ton of negativity thrown towards nikon (the opposite, really) but in my experience people will find just about as much negativity as they make up their mind to look for.

Is nikon in a rough patch? Appears to be.
Does that make users under some stigma? no way, dude.

It's all good. Enjoy the roses, ignore the thorns. Photography (and this forum) is fun!

Nikon, like Canon, Sigma, SONY all have to deal with changing and updating their products based on the marketplace.

SONY is the leading edge because, quite frankly, they MAKE many of the sensors used out there. They can build the surrounding technology before they release the new sensors. They have a distinct advantage.

But then we've seen so many companies who were considered leaders in their realm not react to changes in the marketplace thinking stuff is just a "fad" only to try and catch up later. Many leading tech companies not switching to touchscreen/smartphones, car companies not thinking SUVs would be hot only to realize they had to, and it goes on and on in other consumer areas.

I think the a9 (should have) lit up their minds in knowing that a mirrorless can compete and the technology is here now. It's not like Canon and Nikon don't have Mirrorless.
Nikon has the 1 V3 with 20fps w/AF; and Canon has their one or two models. They just don't offer the product line that people want them to that SONY currently has.

Most reactions

Back