Anyone Running Photoshop 64 bit?

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a computer that is 64 bit but currently running windows 7 32bit. I was thinking of buying Windows 7 64bit to try and beef up my CS5 speed. I have always noticed CS4 and now CS5 running slower than I would like and lagging a lot when you get doing too many things. I currently have 4 gigs of ram and a dedicated 512MB vid card, so my only other thoughts are to jump to 64bit. I am curious that if you have made the switch, how big of an improvement did you notice? Is it worth spending the $150 dollars? Thanks.

I have both versions (32 bit retained so I can use certain plug-ins) and I notice very little difference in speed on a Vista machine with 4 Gb/RAM and a 512 Mb video card. I wouldn't spend the money myself, no.

I'm running it under Win7 at x64. No difference at all. The only hassle is can't run most of my plugins. Stick with x32 till the plugins come out on x64.

While I am running on OS X and not Windows 7... When I went from CS3 to CS5 I noticed a decent increase in speed. Again it was on OS X however....

Most reactions

Back