Anyone use Instagram?

@jsecordphoto. I love Instagram, it's worked well for me.

Your pictures are insane!! Absolutely awesome. I was hoping more people like you would chime in on this post.

I was hoping more people would add me as well @ajaynutter and let me know thoughts on my pictures when I post them lol

Thanks! Not sure what you're hoping I get from using IG, but I would make your account public. Having a private account means you are much less likely to gain followers

@jsecordphoto. I love Instagram, it's worked well for me.

Your pictures are insane!! Absolutely awesome. I was hoping more people like you would chime in on this post.

I was hoping more people would add me as well @ajaynutter and let me know thoughts on my pictures when I post them lol

Thanks! Not sure what you're hoping I get from using IG, but I would make your account public. Having a private account means you are much less likely to gain followers

Good advice. Just changed it. Thanks!

followed :)

@davecvaughn

I like Instagram but I have to admit that I don't "get" it. The popularity of photos doesn't always make sense and everybody raves about the networking aspects but it seems rather vague and unintuitive in that respect.
followed :)

Once in a while: cmwrenn3

@belamourstudio

just followed you two :)

I thought I could try with instagram too. I'm a bit confused with all the social network stuff...

I'm marijasmanja there...
Back at ya, sweetie.
awwww that's nice :icon_hug:

and also @Trever1t Thanks for insta :D

Just joined, Ingersonmotography.

Haven't even figured out how to get my photos to my phone to post them yet. lol

oh been there done that ;)

first thing you should know is that Instagram cuts your photos into square and you'll need an application if you don't want to do squares

and just followed you back :)

oh been there done that ;)

first thing you should know is that Instagram cuts your photos into square and you'll need an application if you don't want to do squares

and just followed you back :)

Thanks Maria. I've got too many places to post photos. lol

@TomOScott

I've been on and off with it, and my daughter convinced me to give it another try.
It's certainly a hassle.
I created some actions in PS to get the right 640x640 format. I used to use Gramblr, but then I read a lot of articles that said Gramblr was a no-no at Instagram, and that sometimes they actively ruined your tags. So now I upload the finished photo to a Dropbox account, and send it to IG from there. I also write out the description, with lots of tags, in a text file and put that in the Dropbox account. From there I can copy and paste the entire text into IG.

I have run into some pretty good abstract artists by following tags.
My daughter has 700 followers. I have 22, haha.

I don't. How is it? Would you recommend getting instagram? I have a fb page for my photography but that's it.

I've been playing there for a while HA!

Manny212

I don't. How is it? Would you recommend getting instagram? I have a fb page for my photography but that's it.

I definitely recommend Instagram, in fact it's probably my favorite social media platform. I don't get a ton of print sales, but I have connected with a few companies to work with, and a ton of likeminded people. I have a modest following (around 2500), but I know when I share a photo all of them will see other, unlike Facebook which limits your post reach unless you pay

I definitely recommend Instagram, in fact it's probably my favorite social media platform. I don't get a ton of print sales, but I have connected with a few companies to work with, and a ton of likeminded people. I have a modest following (around 2500), but I know when I share a photo all of them will see other, unlike Facebook which limits your post reach unless you pay

I'd also echo this sentiment. Through Instagram I've won giveaways, I've met new customers (and done paid gigs), I've sold a few prints (but not a lot). It's a great way to network and connect with others, and it's even helped in getting info out about workshops and such. I find it the most useful. I hate that Facebook is essentially useless unless you pay. Instagram is free, and has definitely generated revenue and publicity for me.

Jake

@redskiesphotography

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on for several years, and have barely 30 images to show for it. :D
I started using it just to learn how it works--I'm the social media manager at work (among all my other titles), so I tend to try things out just so I can start thinking about how to use them to our advantage at work.

I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but it's grown on me. I use it almost exclusively for my phone pictures (I think I've uploaded ONE non-phone camera shot). Mostly, I use it for "documentary" sort of photos (like a ruler in the snow to show how many inches accumulation we had), but I have also started trying to use it a bit more for "art" shots with the smartphone. That makes it fun, for me, as it gets me looking around and trying to find things that I can get an artistic shot from, no matter where I am.

Trouble is, I completely forget about it for long periods of time. Right now, Instagram, flickr and my FB photography page are all suffering from extreme neglect.

Oh, I am, not surprisingly, @sm4him.

Sounds like I should get on board with instagram

Most reactions

Back