Anyone use Instagram?

Ok I will add you Daniel. BTW I tried instasize and it was still square when it posted it on instagram. Is there a special way to do it on there?

@umeimages add me we are new but building followers :)

Ok I will but you guys have to add me too.

Jeff you need to hashtag your pictures to get more views which will bring you likes and followers. Keywords that start with #

Thanks. I will. Don't really know the purpose of the hashtag thing though.

Instagram is what got me started in photography in the first place. Who wants a long story that goes nowhere? I do I do!!!

I've always had a mild interest in photography. When I was about 10 or 11 I got a camera, and it was frankly really sucky. All I seriously remember about that stupid camera was that it was a superzoom, which is of course what I wanted it for - to zoom in on things. And neighbors. Anyway, zooming in on things and neighbors eventually grew tiring and I gave up. I still liked photography, but I didn't know where to start.

Fast forward 6 years, and I'm at the ripe old age of 16. I twisted my ankle really bad and was laying on the couch. Coincidentally, this was on the 4th of July. Scrolling through instagram's "explore" page, I saw a picture that caught my attention. I clicked on it, thinking it was some sort of album cover or something. It was this picture Instagram

Something about that image was simply magical to me. "How'd this guy get those weird lights and effects?" I wondered. "How'd he get those purply tones?" Now I recognize that it's long exposure and Lightroom. But that photo got me curious. Eventually, I found myself scrolling through this guy's incredible feed. His name is Ravi. https://instagram.com/ravivora/

I was basically staring in amazement at these images when I asked myself a bit of a life changing question - "Why can't I do that? Why can't I do all this?"

Now of course, Ravi is a professional who's been doing this for years, and I'm a teenager who's experience in photography at that point consisted of zooming in on people, but still, what the hell. So I got a camera; a legit dslr this time, a tripod, some lenses and a bag, and set off. Boy, I sucked so bad I though about giving up.

So it's been a year since this all happened. Well, a year and a day. I'm 17 years old and helped film my first wedding video a few weeks ago. Yes, cinematography is a lot more fun than photography.

So yes, I use instagram, and it's been huge in my life. Frankly, I have some guy named Ravi Vora to thank for that. So thanks Ravi.

Jeff hashtags are keywords that pertain to your photo. They are important. Helps people find your image among millions. So if they are looking for jellyfish they with search #jellyfish

Instagram is what got me started in photography in the first place. Who wants a long story that goes nowhere? I do I do!!!

I've always had a mild interest in photography. When I was about 10 or 11 I got a camera, and it was frankly really sucky. All I seriously remember about that stupid camera was that it was a superzoom, which is of course what I wanted it for - to zoom in on things. And neighbors. Anyway, zooming in on things and neighbors eventually grew tiring and I gave up. I still liked photography, but I didn't know where to start.

Fast forward 6 years, and I'm at the ripe old age of 16. I twisted my ankle really bad and was laying on the couch. Coincidentally, this was on the 4th of July. Scrolling through instagram's "explore" page, I saw a picture that caught my attention. I clicked on it, thinking it was some sort of album cover or something. It was this picture Instagram

Something about that image was simply magical to me. "How'd this guy get those weird lights and effects?" I wondered. "How'd he get those purply tones?" Now I recognize that it's long exposure and Lightroom. But that photo got me curious. Eventually, I found myself scrolling through this guy's incredible feed. His name is Ravi. https://instagram.com/ravivora/

I was basically staring in amazement at these images when I asked myself a bit of a life changing question - "Why can't I do that? Why can't I do all this?"

Now of course, Ravi is a professional who's been doing this for years, and I'm a teenager who's experience in photography at that point consisted of zooming in on people, but still, what the hell. So I got a camera; a legit dslr this time, a tripod, some lenses and a bag, and set off. Boy, I sucked so bad I though about giving up.

So it's been a year since this all happened. Well, a year and a day. I'm 17 years old and helped film my first wedding video a few weeks ago. Yes, cinematography is a lot more fun than photography.

So yes, I use instagram, and it's been huge in my life. Frankly, I have some guy named Ravi Vora to thank for that. So thanks Ravi.

Awesome story! Maybe Ravi will see this thread one day o.o

I had a similar experience but not with Instagram. I saw a photo of a wave from underwater and thought my gosh I need to go and capture waves from underwater! Looking back at my first photos and the edits..... Oh they are baddd.

I use Instagram mainly so my friends and family can see what's going on in my life without me sending photos to each of them. Saves data! I Like that I can share my photos to Facebook from Instagram so I don't have to get on Facebook. I really don't like Facebook anymore. Too much garbage on it.

Instagram name: jimmerjamma

Currently traveling North America so I've been putting a lot of photos on there.

Last edited:
Ooo! I'm on Instagram!

@wadaycopa

I shall be finding all of you and following you! :smile:

Thanks everyone! I post to IG more often than anywhere else, including some behind the scenes type shots. Like I said before in this thread, it's worth paying attention to

Thanks for adding me guys. I believe I added all of you. If I didn't just let me know.

Thanks everyone! I post to IG more often than anywhere else, including some behind the scenes type shots. Like I said before in this thread, it's worth paying attention to
Took your advice on switching to not private. Even started using hashtags, didn't use to before. And yep, started getting a few more followers and a lot more likes than normal. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back