anyone wanna give some feedback

polock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so we hiked gulf hagas in maine today. i didn't have a tripod, i went off and left my darn gorilla pod on the table at home, so i had to do all the shots free hand. just wondering what ya thought taken with a rebel xt with the stock lens, i would have killed for my new canon glass to be here, and not to have forgotten my gorillapod
mg4867zv8.jpg

img4921iw5.jpg

img4952so7.jpg
img4863ee0.jpg
img4948op1.jpg

img4953hh6.jpg

lex990lead

I really like the first and last pictures, If you took the last one while the sun was really setting the colors would be amazing! (I think, just my speculation lol)

All righty...
#1 (Waterfall): Without a tripod, not much you can do to get the 'misty' effect on falling water. Might have been better to try and freeze it with a higher shutter speed as it looks a little soft. Position is all important; the two saplings in the foreground really detract from the waterfall. Technically, I would suggest a little more saturation and about 1/2 stop lighter.
#2 (Doug Firs): I suggest cropping the trunk out of the RH side of the frame; not really sure what the subject is on this one.
#3 (Interior Bridge): Neat idea, and another which would have really been nice to have the tripod for (I feel your pain!). Only suggestion on this one would have been to wait until the people were clear. It would have also worked nicely as an HDR Merge, if you had been able to take a few more frames, and given a better interior exposure and a less blown view through the exit.
#4 (2nd waterfall): Again 1/2 - 1 stop lighter and some saturation would really help.
#5 (Bridge, BW): Nice, perhaps just a tad more contrast.
#6 (Bridge exterior): I really like this one. If you wanted to really work it, perhaps tease the levels a little and lighten up some of the darkest shadows just a bit. You could also clone out the electrical box below the entrance, but that's just being nitpicky.
The last one doesn't show for me.

I like the slow shutter speed look of the water fall in the first picture. The last one as well. Great start for sure!

You know, I've always wanted to shoot a waterfall with a slow shutter speed, just to see if I could do it, but, personally, I prefer the frozen-in-time look of a fast shutter. The silky look of the former just doesn't look natural to me.

does imageshack normally display photos so small?

just wondering if there was a way for you to post the pictures a little bigger so that we can have a better view of it.

imageshack does post bigger, but i saved these at the best quality setting and the largest so they are absolutely HUGE. so i figured that would make for way to much to load for the post. thanks all for the feedback keep em comin.

well.. from my untrained eye, i'd have to say the pictures look good.

Just a few things.

• picture one definitely needed your gpod
  • picture 2: was the foliage really that green? awesome if they were, otherwise it seems a little too saturated.
  • the second waterfall picture has a nasty, butt end of a rock right in the center... it's pretty distracting.
  • perhaps play with the cropping for the outside tunnel pic. give a feel of a panoramic picture?

I like 4 better than 1, but I agree with bahandi about the rock sticking up in lower center. And I like 5, 6. That's a pretty decent job for hand held. Personally, I can't go anywhere without the old tripod.

All righty...
#1 (Waterfall): Without a tripod, not much you can do to get the 'misty' effect on falling water. Might have been better to try and freeze it with a higher shutter speed as it looks a little soft.

Camera shake.
Look at the red leaves in the foreground. Almost as 'liquid' as the waterfall!
Small wonder at 1/8th handheld. Why F/18? F/8.0 would have gained you 2.5 stops shutter speed. Why ISO 400? When you could have had the low-grain ISO 100?

Position is all important; the two saplings in the foreground really detract from the waterfall. Technically, I would suggest a little more saturation and about 1/2 stop lighter.
#2 (Doug Firs): I suggest cropping the trunk out of the RH side of the frame; not really sure what the subject is on this one.
#3 (Interior Bridge): Neat idea, and another which would have really been nice to have the tripod for (I feel your pain!). Only suggestion on this one would have been to wait until the people were clear. It would have also worked nicely as an HDR Merge, if you had been able to take a few more frames, and given a better interior exposure and a less blown view through the exit.
#4 (2nd waterfall): Again 1/2 - 1 stop lighter and some saturation would really help.
#5 (Bridge, BW): Nice, perhaps just a tad more contrast.
#6 (Bridge exterior): I really like this one. If you wanted to really work it, perhaps tease the levels a little and lighten up some of the darkest shadows just a bit. You could also clone out the electrical box below the entrance, but that's just being nitpicky.
The last one doesn't show for me.

But please 3 times that size images next time, polock.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back