anything in SW Indiana worth photographing???

Ryan L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Next weekend I am headed down to Terre Haute Indiana and for the life of me swear I havent found anything photoworthy! Theres got to be somethng along the way. Anyone been around there?

how are you coming down and what do you find interesting to shoot. ive found some interesting stuff to shoot in downtown indy, theres brown county state park further south but a bit off the beat path from terre haute.

Dude, that is just sad. :lmao:

Only about a bazillion things. You could make a career out of just making images in and around Terra Haute.

You need the other Bryan Peterson book: Learning To See Creatively.

Dude, that is just sad. :lmao:

Only about a bazillion things. You could make a career out of just making images in and around Terra Haute.

You need the other Bryan Peterson book: Learning To See Creatively.

Thanks KHM but I do have the book (and a great book). It was partly a jab to the Hoosier state of IN from your friendly neigbor Michigan. lol, IN has to be my 3rd least favorite state to drive through...right next to the west side of Ohio heading south from MI, and the everlasting state of Texas that never seems to end even after 12 hours of continuous driving!! There is something interesting anywhere if you look, I know. I was looking more for any particular...can't miss area's...thats all. Mostly landscape, or architecture.

Ouch! My ribs!

I was gonna make fun of you for saying southern Indiana leaves you clueless and photo less. I live in Northern Indiana and I am very envious of those in the southern part of the state. Your last post turned it around so I'll bite my tongue this time ;) I do however feel glad to only be about 15 - 20 minutes away from the Michigan state line this time of year. :)

The covered bridges would be a good bet this time of year is just about right.

Sometimes it's not about finding something to photograph, it's more about not letting life push to to drive on by and not stop. At least that is what I find to be true for my self while driving. I see lots opportunities, it's my schedule that makes me miss the opportunity more times then not. (that or others in the car who just don't understand a photog who wants to stop spur of the moment for phtoto ops)

It was partly a jab to the Hoosier state of IN from your friendly neigbor Michigan. lol, IN has to be my 3rd least favorite state to drive through...

Hey, I'm sorry I tried to help! I hope your trip is just taking you THROUGH this miserable state! :hug::

There is something interesting anywhere if you look, I know. I was looking more for any particular...can't miss area's...thats all.

Yes there is and if you want the can't miss stuff, remember that there's been a million photogs who have already shot it. So, they are not that interesting to photogs. Only to tourist.

There is something interesting anywhere if you look, I know. I was looking more for any particular...can't miss area's...thats all.

Yes there is and if you want the can't miss stuff, remember that there's been a million photogs who have already shot it. So, they are not that interesting to photogs. Only to tourist.

In the same respect I do like seeing new things, so I am open to interesting sights to see as well. Not just to photograph.
I am meeting a friend that I havent seen in 10 years and wouldnt mind going to do a few things. So I figured I would check.

I reall don't hate you hoosiers...lol, it's just like a high school rivalry! I know alot of people who live in Norther IN, so we harass each other constantly.

I do like the idea of seeing somne of the covered bridges, There arent alot left in Michigan, but in that county alone there are a ton!

You obviously have done no research at all. With out searching anything on the web and just going by memmory. Muskegon submarine and ship, Grand Haven, Holland, Indiana Dunes National Lake shore and Mt. Baldy. Indianapolis War Memorials etc.

You obviously have done no research at all. With out searching anything on the web and just going by memmory. Muskegon submarine and ship, Grand Haven, Holland, Indiana Dunes National Lake shore and Mt. Baldy. Indianapolis War Memorials etc.

Thanks, I'm glad you think I havent looked anything up. But, I have looked a bit. ALSO...I live by Grand Haven, Mount Baldhead, Holland, Muskegon, Grand Rapids, I don't need to go there, I am there all week. The thing about michigan is we have beautiful scenery all around us, forests, Great Lakes, dunes, fall foilage. I am driving down the west side of Indiana not through Indianapolis. Thanks anyway though.

Last edited:
Greene County has Tulip Trestle in Bloomfield. Built in 1905, 2307 feet long, 157 feet tall, and still in use.

43717348.TulipTrestle2.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

photo_12.jpg

Just remember it is always windy in Indiana because Michigan sucks.:lmao:

There is always something interesting, no matter where you are at:thumbup:

Terre Haute isn't really all that south. I've never been there but I imagine it's relatively flat. Find a high point and take a sunrise pic with a distant, flat horizon. The Wabash river is near there too, always something to shoot at a river.

Most reactions

Back