Aperture issues

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I have a 24mm F/2.8 Macro film lens but when I put it on my D70s the widest aperture is F3?! I have re attached the lens and still the same and the aperture ring is locked at 22 which it needs to be to work.

Anyone know what the problem is?

is it a non zoom lens? if so then I dont know, if its a zoom lens, zoom right out and then change aparature....

Assuming that this is not a internal focus lens, but instead one that the front of the lens moves in and out as you focus. Yes?

I'm not positve but what I think is happening is that when the lens foucs toward 1:1 the lens loose some ability to caputure light. When you focus toward infinity you should get f/2.8. My 105mm f/2.8 Nikkor micro will only get f/5 when focused to 1:1 but easily achieves f/2.8 at infinity.

K

it's non internal yes.

it's a Sigma 24mm F2.8 Marco "Super wide" II. I've tried it on Manaul, AP and SP modes and the widest i can get is F3. I'm rather miffed...

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Magnification factor on the digital cameras. Is the reading for the f/stop on the display? Or, is it on the lens ring it'self? I think it may be that the digital image sensor in giving a magnification factor may decrease the percieved apature as well.

Just a guess, I may be totally wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back