Aperture

Okay OP....HERE is the article you need to read, in order to literally see the differences shown, the differences between a smartphone sized sensor, and a "FF" or 24x36mm sensor, and those sensor sizes in-between. The article is from 2012, on dPReview, and it is entitled Background Blur and Its Relationship to Sensor Size.

This will explain, and show, why d-slr camera pictures tend to look different from most iPhone or Android phone snaps.

Background blur and its relationship to sensor size

If they are not yours, you should not be posting them, really. Copyright and such.
I know the people who posed for the pictures, I hid their faces because I know they don't want to show it, and I am not taking profit out of these shots. It's not like I was bragging or showing off or boasting about them because again I did not take the pictures. I cannot quote the source to keep the anonymity. I don't know what you find bad in this but again, I posted them just to see if you guys could help me by giving me advices on wich camera and lens to buy to get a similar result.

...This will explain, and show, why d-slr camera pictures tend to look different from most iPhone or Android phone snaps...
But the latest iPhone now blurs photos just like any professional camera. I just saw the TV commercial last night! :popcorn:

If they are not yours, you should not be posting them, really. Copyright and such.
I know the people who posed for the pictures, I hid their faces because I know they don't want to show it, and I am not taking profit out of these shots. It's not like I was bragging or showing off or boasting about them because again I did not take the pictures. I cannot quote the source to keep the anonymity. I don't know what you find bad in this but again, I posted them just to see if you guys could help me by giving me advices on wich camera and lens to buy to get a similar result.
It is simple. It is against the forum rules.

I am not taking profit out of these shots
It is a common misunderstanding that profit has to be involved before unauthorized use of someone else's photograph may actually be copyright infringement.
Here in the US (there is no location info in your profile) copyright law includes some provisions for what is known as "Fair Use" but what is or isn't a fair use is not at all cut & dried.
Please note that the Copyright Office is unable to provide specific legal advice to individual members of the public about questions of fair use.
More Information on Fair Use | U.S. Copyright Office

As far as TPF, an online community of amateur and professional photographers that have a vested interest in protecting every photographers copyrights, TPF says: ThePhotoForum.com Guidelines and Rules | Photography Forum
* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

You guys are making this a huge big deal. Like seriously, these are my classmates ! If I made a mistake, I apologize for it even tho I still don't know what the problem is. We are 15 years old taking pictures for fun. They are ok for posting their pictures here, but they don't want to show their faces. These are not professional photos and again I'm not taking profit out of these.

What is againt the forum rules ? I still don't understand, just clarify please. I'm literally confused.

You guys are making this a huge big deal. Like seriously, these are my classmates ! If I made a mistake, I apologize for it even tho I still don't know what the problem is. We are 15 years old taking pictures for fun. They are ok for posting their pictures here, but they don't want to show their faces. These are not professional photos and again I'm not taking profit out of these.

It is simple. It is againstthe forum rules.
What is againt the forum rules ? I still don't understand, just clarify please. I'm literally confused.

* You are completely responsible for the content of your posts. Upon becoming a member, you agree to hold harmless TPF owners and staff regarding any claim based against you from a posted message or forum behavior. Although we guard your privacy on a routine basis and will not disclose confidential information to other members, TPF reserves the right to disclose any and all information we may have on you, from your IP address to your actual identity, should a complaint or legal action arise due to posts you have made here.

* Your IP address is recorded with each post, so that in the event of a major infraction of TPF rules, your address(es) will be banned as well as your ISP contacted.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Read all of the rules: ThePhotoForum.com Guidelines and Rules | Photography Forum

So I broke a TPF rule. But what if I do have the permission to post pictures that are not mine ? Is it okay ?

So I broke a TPF rule. But what if I do have the permission to post pictures that are not mine ? Is it okay ?

To clarify, it's not just a TPF rule; copyright protection is federal law. The forum rules are to be in compliance with that law. In other words, breaking the TPF rule on copyrighted material means breaking the federal law. Providing verifiable permission can be complicated, and it would be easier to simply find a different picture that illustrates what you are trying to achieve, and provide a link to that picture.

Posting other people's photographs is against the forum rules. It doesn't matter if they are your friends or if you are not making money, you mustn't post them. All photographs are copyright and you are expected to honour that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back