aperture

TheCatch22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys just got aperture 1.5 not to long ago and i must say its very good, i just wanted some other opinions on the software.

I prefer lightroom becuase not only does it work on PC's, but It's easier for me to navigate.

what is the current status with aperture and lightroom?

- do they have a clone tool / spot heal (dust bunnies on the sensor ... )?
- do they have lens corrections (automatic correction of barrel / cushion distortion based on a lens database)?
- do they have CA correction?
- do they have effective noise reduction?

if the answer is no to just one of those questions, then I would not decide for either of the two but stay with bibble pro which i am using currently. Bibble comes for win, mac os and linux, so i am not bound to any OS.

aperture 1.1 was updated to 1.5 which was a huge jump for the program, its intergrated with CS2 and other work flows you might have, as for not workign for PC's well thats apple for ya lol , and yea i agree its a bit laggy at times but thats because the program is always updating itself and your files so there is no loss of memory, i persionaly think its amazing and p.s. before you say lightroom is better give aperture a try i persionaly like it more

I've used aperture at school becuase that's what my image manip teacher prefers for us to use, but since I don't have a mac at home i have very little flexibility in terms of bringing projects home. They school G5's also have lightroom on them so that's what I use instead becuase I can use it on my PC.

Lightroom is brutal to use for a system with less than 2GB of RAM. My system has 1GB and when i'm importing images I go make myself something to eat becuase it takes so long for the NEF's to do their thing when they are imported. Once they're imported and ready to work with though, it's usually smooth sailing. The school G5's have well over 1GB and lightroom just flys on them with my NEF's. It's nice!

i wonder that nobody misses any of those features with lightroom and aperture.
or maybe they included all that by now? last time i had a look (2 months ago), I was not happy with either of them.

Most reactions

Back