Apostrophes

terri said:
DOWN, SIMBAH!!! :whip:
whip.GIF

Unimaxium said:
BTW if anyone wishes to read a book on this subject, I've heard Eats, shoots, and leaves is quite good. It's all about proper punctuation use. I haven't read it yet, but I plan to some day. ;)

So...is that how I get a free lunch? Or how I get a healthy lunch? I Eat, Shoot, and leave, or I Eat shoots and leaves?

So, in order to become more accepted I must now capitalize everything and use correct punctuation? Does this mean I can point out incorrect grammar in everyone's threads, or no?

:mrgreen:

andreag5 said:
So, in order to become more accepted I must now capitalize everything and use correct punctuation? Does this mean I can point out incorrect grammar in everyone's threads, or no?

:mrgreen:

Go on, sic 'em Rex!

Expect to get some negative feedback though! :lol:

Marctwo said:
no - ONLY THEE'S ANAL THREAD'S.

I quite like it. when people use comma,s instead of apostrophe's. Tha'ts funny, C'os their stupid innit? Espeshly when there meaning threw the hole sentense is lost when their trying to insult somewon. Your so stupid idiot who do you think you our?

hmm so now I'm afraid I'll be banned for my spelling mistakes here :p:p but I still don't get the rule of apostrophes at the end of the word... sometimes it is very clear and logical but sometimes... well.. I just can't stand them... we don't use apostrophes in our language....

mentos_007 said:
hmm so now I'm afraid I'll be banned for my spelling mistakes here :p:p but I still don't get the rule of apostrophes at the end of the word... sometimes it is very clear and logical but sometimes... well.. I just can't stand them... we don't use apostrophes in our language....
Well Mentos, in our language it's the only way to say that "I" own something... like in my name...

Chris' big dog is a fast runner.

if it didn't have that it would be.

Chris big dog is a fast runner. (which isn't a real sentence)
The second one with out the apostrophe is almost saying that Chris IS the big dog... :lol:

Most reactions

Back