Apple Macbook Pro

JamesGill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am hoping to get my first job soon, so will be saving up for various equipment, lenses, tripod etc. I would also like to buy a new laptop, the one I have is a few years old and needs updating, it is also not working in a few areas I think it even has a broken fan. I am thinking strongly about the Apple Macbook Pro 15 or 17 inch. Does anyone own or have any experience with these computers, if so would you be able to give me an overview on what to expect if I do go down this line and what they are like? I also intend to buy the 27 inch thunderbolt display.

Thanks, James

I would now like to point something out, it may not concern you or you may have some interest, what is with this? .....
Apple USA :: Macbook pro 2.5GHz | 750GB 7200rpm |Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen display | 8GB RAM + thunderbolt display 27 inch ::::: $3848 OR £2,428.83
Apple UK :: Macbook pro 2.5GHz | 750GB 7200rpm | Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen display | 8GB RAM +thunderbolt display 27 inch ::::: £3,257.98

£829.15 MORE!!!

Personally I have no idea why this happens, but this kind of situation is true for almost all products I have looked for on American websites, why does this happen?

Try to buy it in USA and send it :)
Macbook pro is good for editing your photography - fast and really good display :)

Last edited:
I've got a late 2011 MacBook pro and it's awesome! The i7 + 8GB Memory @ 1333MHZ is astonishing, the only thing I don't like about it is the memory timing is way too slow at CL9-9-9-24. Other than that you won't regret getting at MBP.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, looks like the Macbook Pro is the one for me :)

I've got a late 2011 MacBook pro and it's awesome! The i7 + 8GB Memory @ 1333MHZ is astonishing, the only thing I don't like about it is the memory timing is way too slow at CL9-9-9-24. Other than that you won't regret getting at MBP.

I second this: I have this same MacBook (just bought it at the end of December) it is truly astonishing...!!!

I bought mine "open box/like new" on Amazon for $1600 when I got it I checked the battery cycles there had only been 9 - it is virtually new, all paperwork, box, everything as new from Mother Apple.

Most reactions

Back