Approaching a subject...

Ok lots of good information in this thread, but if you don't mind I have an additional question regarding this matter. Some of you said that you just snap pictures of people without them knowing. I do the same thing. My fear is the since they don't know if I was to ever publish those I could get in trouble. I have quite a few candid shots and some shot of soldiers and the like that I would like to eventually print but I don't have any releases. DO you or do you not need releases to publish picutures of random people? By the way the only reason I'm asking this here is because it seemed to be on topic, if it is a percieved threadjacking please ignore and I will start a new thread. Thank you in advance.

Advice for those "random shooters" lol....I worked at a commercial photo studio, and everytime that we displayed someones picture on the wall we had to have a written consent posted on the back of it, with that person or their parents signature allowing us to use the photograph...Yeah, def. wouldn't just take random shots of people unless your planning on trashing them later.
Why don't you let interested people approach you..? Have your camera set up, off to the side, and all that's in your hands is your business cards and maybe a "free print" coupon. Start giving out your cards and as your are mention that you are giving away a free photo, to anyone who has their picture taken that day. Some will be interested, some will not, but your name is out there (in the customers hands) and they make the move toward the camera. One free .28 cent photo is worth a lifetime customer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back