What's new

Aqua- art

I like it, but the bit of a rope that is on the surface just off center is really distracting to me.
 
Thank you deeky. Actually i too felt distracted.... think i have to work on it :D
 
Hi Nanadkumar,

This looks great. Haven't seen many pictures of daily life around spice trading on Kerala coast. Doesn't this take place in Calicut? Is this in your reach? Please post some pictures of this activity if possible.

Charanjeet
 
Hi Charan.... spices...... let me enquire about them... i think in Mattancheri (Kochi, Ernakulam) such trades are blooming... or i will have to move to hill ranges :D
...and yes, this image is from Calicut, where i stay :D
 
I am adding some more images from the same scene... please excuse the number... i would love you to select your best



#2


#3


#4



#5



#6



#7


All these are reflections of some resting fishing boats






Regards :D
 
All these are reflections of some resting fishing boats
Very creative :)

Numbers 3 and 7 are the ones that captured my imagination. I think #7 could use a bit more pop, although it works very well as is. Also, I'd consider cropping just a bit off of the top of the image – part of the dark section, which kind of overpowers the pastel tones of the rest of the frame.
 
Wow, Frequency, I really like these! I think this may be my favorite series of yours!
I'd have trouble picking one favorite, as each one has a very different mood to it.
I'd probably narrow it down to the first three as my favorites. That first one would REALLY rock with that little bit of rope cloned out and maybe the really dark portion in the upper left corner cropped out.

Nice shots!
 
For me it's 5 and 7. 5 could use a little cleaning up - there are some spots that are distracting - and I might even clone out a couple of the reflections in the lower right for better balance.
 
3 is by far my favorite.

I like the transition from hot to cold.
 
Thinking of the background like these examples is also part of the process when doing water drops. A nice background always adds to it.
 
Excellent, Nandakumar! I vote #3, then #1 (without the rope) and then #7. You "might" want to use a higher f/stop to get some more DOF. But I'm biased - I love reflections on the water!
 
That's what I'm talking about. 3 and 6 for me. Deffinitely need to be in color to pop.
 
I find 6 to be the most striking. The red looks as if it is in the water rather than a reflection. All very interesting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom