Aquarium Wedding C and C welcome

bledererphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had posted awhile back about shooting with off camera flash formals in front of tank. This was my first wedding at an aquarium and second overall. There was not a lot of space to set up without having lights in plane with sides of tank. Lights set 8 ft up at 45 thru umbrellas with lumopro 160 on each at 1/2 power. Had umbrellas show up in top corners of glass so I needed to add the bridal party with earlier shot of tank. The second I only needed to add some blacks due to reflection of fingerprints and bystanders in front. Would have loved more time with them at various tanks but the tank was third of three locations for formals in and outside aquarium. Some tips I would offer for anyone in similar situation would be to snoot flashes to minimize large reflection of flash setup if unable to move stands, get aquarium to make sure glass cleaned, have people away from tank for secondary reflection of faces in distance, make sure you have enough light for lens to focus in very low light in absence of modeling lights.

$image-742934212.jpg

$image-3032396446.jpg

Pretty cool pictures. It is too awesome to get married in an aquarium. Did they rent out the whole place for the day?

They had rented a small portion that included some other tanks but would have been too little area for their bridal party. Overall the lighting for the ceremony in a separate large room and the reception was pretty interesting With 30 foot ceilings and lots of shadows, glad I had a Gary fong diffuser for those situations for on camera flash.

Unfortunately her dress has blown or nearly blown highlights and his suit has almost no detail, BUT, this was a tough shot, and with the glass behind them, I think it might have been tough to do much better without a complicated lighting set-up.

tirediron said:
Unfortunately her dress has blown or nearly blown highlights and his suit has almost no detail, BUT, this was a tough shot, and with the glass behind them, I think it might have been tough to do much better without a complicated lighting set-up.

Dress? Dress? Who the he(( cares about her dress man--there's a freaking SHARK behind her!!!! How cool is that!?!? I can imagine the retelling of this wedding tale, years in the future, as all the other 'togs are clustered together, bunched up in a circle and listening to Tales From The Shark Tank Wedding !

"And then, the flower girl was suddenly GONE! She'd been eaten by the biggest shark in the tank! JUST LIKE THAT, the kid was GONE!"

Dress? Really? lol

Wow, great work considering the amount of glass and attention to the lighting.

tirediron said:

Dress? Dress? Who the he(( cares about her dress man--there's a freaking SHARK behind her!!!! How cool is that!?!? I can imagine the retelling of this wedding tale, years in the future, as all the other 'togs are clustered together, bunched up in a circle and listening to Tales From The Shark Tank Wedding !

"And then, the flower girl was suddenly GONE! She'd been eaten by the biggest shark in the tank! JUST LIKE THAT, the kid was GONE!"

Dress? Really? lol
Shark..schmark. Slice it, dice it, dip it in batter and drop in boiling oil and serve with an order of chips... still just a big, cranky fish.

You forgot the step where the shark meat has to be soaked in lemon juice overnight to remove the urea...

This one has gotten off track. Was a really need spot, just glad they decided not to do the ceremony in front of it because without the flash you can not distinguish faces

This one has gotten off track. Was a really need spot, just glad they decided not to do the ceremony in front of it because without the flash you can not distinguish faces

Interestingly, in the US, there is a relatively new expression. When something has become no longer cool, or has "lost it", we say that such a thing has "jumped the shark". Like when on Moonlighting Bruce & Mattie finally hooked up, the entire show "lost it", and was said to have "jumped the shark". But, I digress. A very interesting wedding, with a major wall to break through...well,not break through. But lots of issues to reflect upon.

Most reactions

Back