Are my Friends Photos as Amazing as They Seem to Me?

PhilGarber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
philipofnj.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
MODS- Just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. Could someone please move it to Photographic Discussions? Thanks:biggrin:.

Hi-

I'm friends with the photographer on the following website. I'm really blown away by his photos. Is this just me or are these like, National Geographic level photos? Wix.com - Website built by alextullis based on Minimal Design Pro

Phil,

Last edited:
They're good. I certainly like 'em. National Geographic level? Eh...Look at Steve McCurry's work (no, not just Afghan Girl; his other work is just as stunning).

Your friend definitely has an understanding of light. The site is indeed a POS though. Tell him to host on something like SquareSpace, or at least buy Wix's no-ads, no-logos, no-bother-the-frack-out-of-visitors-by-being-obvious-about-the-hosting-service-being-free package. It's a paltry sum to pay, when you consider how much it adds to one's image to have a clean site free of branding. (At least SquareSpace does it with some tact.)

Wow.. POS just clicked.. Lol, I'm tired.. :blushing:.

Thanks CA! I agree the site sucks. But the photos themselves from my perspective are like, scary good:thumbup:. If he asks my opinion of the site I'll tell him but we left off our friendship while we (I, at least) were pretty pissed at each. I think to mend the friendship, I'll stick to compliments unless asked for now;).

Nice shots but definitely not National Geographic level. BTW, Nat Geo doesn't do weddings. :lmao:

He has to work on that site. :confused:

Most reactions

Back