Are Our Ladies Treated Differently?

Are our forum ladies treated differently?

• No

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Cheap out with bacon.

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
.... but I don't see people flocking to threads we make and overflowing it with attention or help above and beyond the norm.

You've never seen a thread started by e.rose.

People who haven't logged on in years practically kill themselves to pile into her thread to get pats on the head. For the record, this isn't a dig or anything negative towards e.rose. But, it is hilarious watching all the dudes trip over themselves vying for her attention.

...You have NO idea how much this disappoints me, Jaca, because that profile picture rocks, hard. It always somehow reminds me of a young Morgan Freeman, and so I kinda hear his incredible voice in my head when I read your posts. :lmao:
Or else, I don't. :D
What disappoints me is out of 21 respondents, only FOUR voted "Bacon!" :grumpy:

You have NO idea how much this disappoints me, Jaca, because that profile picture rocks, hard. It always somehow reminds me of a young Morgan Freeman, and so I kinda hear his incredible voice in my head when I read your posts. :lmao:
Or else, I don't. :D

LOL. It's me it's me honestly. I was just kidding. For real it is me! Xoxoxo

Well, I was going to pick out some responses and reply to them but after some thought I've decided to just read it all, take it all in and learn a bit instead ;)

I will say some replies so far surprised me and some totally didn't but its all interesting ;)

Did someone mention something about having a sexy avatar getting you more attention?

Oh and yes, I do believe women are treated some what gentler...unless they're a MWAC and then it is no holds barred.

Last edited:
Did someone mention something about having a sexy avatar getting you more attention?

Haha what a funny and witty post! You sound smart and very pretty! I bet you are also very deep and have a sensitive side but of course you still know how to have a good time!

Only if you are not on board with Bacon. I don't really thing so from what i have seen.

I find it funny that all you gals don't think your treated with kid gloves. It's like watching the dating game in here for the regular members. What's even funnier is the fact that the men are stuck in codpiece wars with each other. Look at the results of the poll so far. Case closed. As a non deluded MWAC, I get helpful advice mostly, but it's sugar coated. If I was a FWAC I'd be ripped apart on a daily basis. Seems silly to me that it has to be either extreme. Why not treat ALL (men, women, deluded, newbies, professionals) members the same. Respectful critics, honest opinions.

Oh is this why mish changed her avatar? :lol:

What would the world be like if we didn't have the ladies...

A real pain in the ass.

I CAN'T believe you did that.

:lol:

Anyway...

The pattern I usually see is:

1. New gal shows up with sexy/pretty avatar.
2. Lots of men clamber over themselves with her for a bit.
3. Eventually it settles down minus the occasional more familiar flirtatious remark.
4. (if your name is mishelle then you periodically encourage this behavior, fanning the flames) ;)

Overall I don't think the gals get too much preferential treatment, but initially I think they get quite a bit... but again... I think it's based almost entirely off the avatar.

When it comes to great photogs. I got as many lady photogs I like as men. (I'm talking big name greats.)

not sure what all these abbreves like MWAC and FWAC are ....

Don't really think that gender matters much when it comes to the C&C, but the ladies get some extra flirty attention for sure

On TPF if you aren't a girl, don't shoot with the newest toys or find yourself somewhere other than North America, it can be quite frustrating watching your work being ignored; and it takes a long, long time (if at all) to get anywhere near the kind of response the members in one or all of the aforementioned groups enjoy. Many very good photogs simply give up after a while and go away.

Not wanting to take the thread in a different direction, but

TPF tends to be:

Soft on girls

Keen on equipment

Deeply rooted in American culture and values

Are you including Canada in that? Because I often feel like a minority compared to the Canadians. :lol: Well, actually, what I should say is "a significant percentage of the people on here who I am fond of or who have stand-out photographic skills are Canadians". Which, in and of itself, is weird. I need to move to Canada I guess.

But anyway, none of what you say surprises me terribly... I think the bulk of people here are American (I think), so naturally the culture would swing with the populace. Soft on girls we covered. :) Equipment... that's an easy one. Understanding equipment is easier than understanding photography, AND understanding equipment is also a barrier in many cases to good photography... it's where most new folks start because it's tangible and it's something you have to deal with in order to be able to execute. Since there is a constant stream of newer folks on here, lots of the topics and discussions veer that way. Not all... but many. :)

Most reactions

Back