Are sandisk memory cards garbage?

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been using mushkin almost exclusively for about 2 years. Partially because I've gotten a great deal on their class 10 cards several times. I've never had one of their cards become corrupted, error or die. Most of my mushkin cards are 2-4 years old and they get used a lot.

Here comes in sandisk. While on vacation I went out for a late night landscape shot, setup and ready to take the shot only to find that I forgot my cards in the hotel. So I found an all night Walmart and purchased a 16gig class 10 sandisk card. After six months of barely any use I went to download images off of it and it was dead as a door nail. No signs of it going bad, no warning or anything; it just died.

I'm wondering if I was just unlucky or of others have had an issue like this?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

I also use SanDisk and have never had any issues. Contact them and they might send you a new one if you have the receipt. I have a 16 class 10 SanDisk Extreme Pro and it's been through hell and has lasted me over 2 years now I think.

Never ever had one die.. ever never. I suppose it's possible but how is beyond me.

I've been using sandisk since I bought a digital camera .. going back to a d70, and more recently to their extreme pros. No problems ever.

That's the price we pay for low prices due to mass production.

You just got unlucky. I've been using SanDisk for years with no issues.

I have ALL SanDisk cards, except for one 4-gig Lexar I bought one day when I was out and needed an extra card right NOW! I've long felt (9 years) that SanDisk is the best brand of CF card. My cams use CF cards, and I like their Ultra and Extreme series cards...I have three SanDIsks I bought in May of 2005 that are still workin' well, although my main rotation is made up of 2009-era 8-gigabyte cards.

I have a SanDisk and Transcend 400x 32GB. Both are working great so far, but yes as above be aware of counterfeit.

A *very* large % of cheap "Sandisk" cards are actually crappy chinese counterfits

Source: worked for a firm making devices which took SD cards, where we were ordering them by the thousands.

Well if that many of you use them with out issues I guess I got a dud. I don't know what pissed me off more, the fact that I paid twice as much for that card or that I lost about 40 images.

All I have are Sandisk cards. Never had one go bad on me. They CAN be bad, which could cause your issue. I'd be pissed at both, personally.

Sandisk is all I've ever used in anything for over 10 years. Never had a problem. Currently using this one............

$71-Q7bGcBNL._SL1500_.jpg

Most of my CF cards are Sandisk. And I got few of the microSD from them as well.

When I bought few of the Sandisk microSD cards recently, I noticed they have Life Time warranty on them. So it makes me feel Sandisk believe their products are reliable enough to offer life time warranty. Well, at least I do not need to worry about it for few years before it become too small.

There cf cards have been so reliable that when it came time to purchase an SSD I went straight for Sandisk. I haven't been dissapointed with that either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back