Are these good enough?

Robin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking through some oldish photos for anything that might be salvaged with some PS TLC and wound up with these 2 - are they good enough to go into my portfolio/gallery?

quin01_edit.jpg

cliffs_02_edit.jpg

No. I would wait for better light and re-shoot, possibly with a polarizer.

Agree with Alpha, additionally, when you reshoot, be careful of things like the vines protruding up into the middle of the upper image (a bit of twine will allow you to bend them down and secure them out of the way without harming them, just make sure that it doesn't look like that in the image) and in #2, you have the land going "uphill" in the frame. That said, I think both shots have great potential.

Well unfortunately a reshoot just isn't likely. I would have to travel 6 hours by car and 2 by ferry, pay a few hundred pounds for the ferry plus hotel. And pray for the likelihood of sunshine in Ireland during this scheduled trip, lol. On the first trip, there was about 10 seconds of sunshine and I was only able to get one photo out of it. Blue sky and sunshine in Ireland or England is rare.

I was hoping the dark clouds on the first one especially would actually add to the mood of the image but I guess they'll just be scrapped. How is the land going uphill in #2? I checked the horizon line with a guide in PS and it seemed straight.

Well unfortunately a reshoot just isn't likely. I would have to travel 6 hours by car and 2 by ferry, pay a few hundred pounds for the ferry plus hotel. And pray for the likelihood of sunshine in Ireland during this scheduled trip, lol. On the first trip, there was about 10 seconds of sunshine and I was only able to get one photo out of it. Blue sky and sunshine in Ireland or England is rare.
You could always composite a blue sky on to the image.

How is the land going uphill in #2? I checked the horizon line with a guide in PS and it seemed straight.

It's a perspective illusion caused by the fact that you were well above the horizon, and the lens of your camera was pointed down. On second look, I'm not sure that there's much one can do about it. If we could all afford perspective-correction lenses...

Most reactions

Back