Are tripods allowed?

Dannyc79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to the zoo sometime in the next 2 weeks if it stops raining and I was curious if they allow people to bring their tripod. The zoo Im going to is LA Zoo in Southern Cali. Does anyone know?

Is there any reason why people should not be allowed to use their tripods in a zoo?

Last time I was at the Fort Worth Zoo there didn't seem to be any rules concerning photography equipment...

Call the zoo and ask.

Is there any reason why people should not be allowed to use their tripods in a zoo?

Some places ban tripods as a hazard to those walking around. I'm guessin they got sued sometime or another when someone tripped and fell (normal dumb stuff like that in the US). I've been to a few places that will only allow the use of tripod during certain times when they are generally not crowded.

The easiest thing is to simply call and ask.

Yeah call and ask. I have only seen one place that didnt allow it and it was a garden, they didnt want holes in the ground

I was just working in to zoo in St. Louis, and in the map/brouchure that you get at the front gate had rules about photography and film making in the zoo. I dont remember what exactly all of the rules were, but I saw quite a few people with tripods in the zoo.

I can take a tripod with me to the zoo's here in Holland, but i never find a reason to use one. Do you think you need one? Cause you'll be walking around the zoo with a tripod, i think thats pretty annoying, especially if you dont use it :)

The LA zoo lets you have tripods.

Why would you not be able to? If I were you, I would bring it, and if they tell me to put it away then I'd just hold it around. :)

I thought the same..."why would you not be able to?". Then I realized I am living in North America, the continent where you can find "Caution - Step" written on every vertical surface of every stair on some outdoor staircases.

Lawsuits are easier than work, didn't you know?

I thought the same..."why would you not be able to?". Then I realized I am living in North America, the continent where you can find "Caution - Step" written on every vertical surface of every stair on some outdoor staircases.

You're right, I mean who would have thought that McDonalds Coffee would be HOT?

Yeh... <sarcasm>
aint it great?? I need to get on the band wagon and make some money through some frivolous lawsuit.
</sarcasm>

As a general rule I find that if you ask people will err on the side of caution and say "no". If you do, nobody says a thing.

Take that advice with a pinch of salt! Not everywhere is the same...

Most reactions

Back