Are you serious?

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this weekend I was at a large car show (about 2,000 cars) and was sitting down behind our show car, I was people watching (always entertaining) and some guy walks up to the car and I couldn't believe what I saw. The dude was shooting with a Canon 1D and I think a 70-200 f/4 with...a wide angle conversion lens threaded on the end. That's right..you heard me correctly. A really expensive setup with a cheap $20 wide angle conversion lens attached. I pretty much face palmed. This is worse than using a cheap UV filter! On top of that it was hanging from a rather hipster camera strap with lots of bright colors.

Must be he blew all his money on that camera and lens and couldn't afford a wide angle lens. Who knows..it was a first for me. Haha.

I really wish I took a picture...ugh hating my self for that.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

My question is how idjits like this get that kind of money in the first place.

A really expensive setup with a cheap $20 wide angle conversion lens attached.
Perhaps he didn't notice any difference in IQ.

I think it is something like being able to recognize art or music or literature. Not everyone can.

Maybe he bought one of those ridiculous ebay photography kits that come with a bunch of useless junk. Haha.

Or maybe he was just testing it out for fun? It seems like you didn't talk to him to find out the background story.

Could be he never takes these type of shots and when he does it doesn't need to be as high level as his normal stuff. It's easy to judge without knowing the story.

This weekend, I saw a billboard for a dead baby photographer...selective coloring extra I assume.

20150920_110707.jpg

I thought it was a billboard for a jeweler at first, then I was like WTF is that pink thing on the baby, then I was like what the heck is going on, and saw that it was actually for a photographer.

To each their own I guess.

There was another guy walking around with a D800, 24-70 and SB-900 all hanging completely off his neck. That just can't be good for your neck. I felt bad for him, I almost wanted to give him a RS7.

Better than me holding my D610 with 70-200 by hand, I didnt have my strap all weekend... and i was shooting IN the ocean too.

This weekend, I saw a billboard for a dead baby photographer...selective coloring extra I assume.

20150920_110707.jpg

I thought it was a billboard for a jeweler at first, then I was like WTF is that pink thing on the baby, then I was like what the heck is going on, and saw that it was actually for a photographer.

Ohh man..don't you get me started on selective color. haha.

Better than me holding my D610 with 70-200 by hand, I didnt have my strap all weekend... and i was shooting IN the ocean too.

Like literally in the ocean?

Maybe in a weeks or so later someone post a video on Youtube telling people why not to use a filter like wide angle add on with an example of photos of a car.

I was at a roller derby match a couple weeks ago. Nikon D3200 with a 70-200. That one just kinda made me go "Huh?!". But I suppose lens before body, is a general good rule of thumb. I was shooting with my D7100 and a 70-300 VRII

Designer said:
A really expensive setup with a cheap $20 wide angle conversion lens attached.
Perhaps he didn't notice any difference in IQ.

I think it is something like being able to recognize art or music or literature. Not everyone can.

Is that some kind of a poke at Canon shooters?
:048:

Anyyyyywayyyyy...huh....I wonder what kind of pics he was able to get? Maybe he was after some interesting detail shots of only smaller segments of the cars, like hood ornaments, grilles, side view mirrors, brand and model badges, perhaps reflected images of other cars, and so on. Really crowded, big car shows are often just filled with so many gawkers and exhibitors that photography ends up being more of an exercise in people-avoidance than anything else. I wonder what kind of images that lens + converter combo was able to capture.

Or maybe, just maybe it wasn't a converter--but a silencer!!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back