Are you SERIOUS?

Yup, I've heard about it...was going around on another forum I'm on a while back...they were doing a big push against it.

that won't happen... no one is going to let it get to that.
If they do... we should start our own network! :lol: START RUNNING CABLES!!!

To me it sounds like something the postal service was trying to do a while back by charging people for emails because they were losing so much money. It's a lot of talk that hopefully stays just that, talk.

hobbes28 said:
To me it sounds like something the postal service was trying to do a while back by charging people for emails because they were losing so much money. It's a lot of talk that hopefully stays just that, talk.

I'm pretty sure that was a hoax wasn't it?

This one looks pretty serious, and has some real capital behind it.

I still don't think it'll pass, but the fact that some a$$holes are even trying is why corporations should be stopped.

Could you imagine how much better the world would be if the wealth in the world were equally distributed.

Bah. I suppose technology wouldn't go anywhere though.

I think it's bad that there is such an abundantly free form of communication that so many large companies want a slice of that they're willing to do anything they can to get it.

I just looked it up on snopes and the usps one was a bs hoax. That's one that happened during my snopes blackout phase.. :D

Things change fast on the internet. A couple of years ago nobody knew what skype was. No is a huge force worth millions. Old companies like MCI and AT&T aren't fast and agile so they try to get control other ways.

Its sort of different, by Lawrence Lessig write about corporate control over culture. You can get his book for free http://free-culture.cc/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back