Are you seriously that stupid?

But but every image is auto saved onto your harddrive before you view a webpage anyway ;)

So you just have to go and find it (ok granted there Vista and Win 7 make things a lot harder than Xp by moving the darn folders around...). Or I can press the fearsome PrtScr/SysRq button ;) :)

But but every image is auto saved onto your harddrive before you view a webpage anyway ;)

So you just have to go and find it (ok granted there Vista and Win 7 make things a lot harder than Xp by moving the darn folders around...). Or I can press the fearsome PrtScr/SysRq button ;) :)

Not completely true..... It does save a cache but not in a format that is easily usable. It does not save every image. If it did you would fill up your cache in about 30 sec. Ether way it is almost impossible to get a good quality picture off of facebook. What you do get is a crappy low res pictures that is useless... Even a PRTSCR shot would be crap. great you have a 100 X 200 picture..... like that going to do anything good LOL

Or use the sweet Snipping Tool.

Not completely true..... It does save a cache but not in a format that is easily usable. It does not save every image. If it did you would fill up your cache in about 30 sec. Ether way it is almost impossible to get a good quality picture off of facebook. What you do get is a crappy low res pictures that is useless... Even a PRTSCR shot would be crap. great you have a 100 X 200 picture..... like that going to do anything good LOL
Sometimes that's all that's needed for web page displays or even brochures, as long as they're not full page. And with Genuine Fractals and some photoshop prowess, you could actually produce some pretty good results.

Yeah we as photographers often get hung up on image quality - go look at some people using photos and you'll quickly see that image quality is often the least of their concerns (heck most of the shots in my local estate agent look like a point and shoot job)

Bram before you call anyone stupid you should know what you're talking about. Even though you upload photos to facebook don't mean facebook owns them....

Do you mean, doesn't?

For someone whose quite adamant about not being a troll, you're sure learning fast!

Good analagy.

Especially for someone who doesn't know how to spell analogy. And guess what? You had spell check to help you...don't is really a word at least.

Kudos for joining the troll family, we welcome you with open arms.

Not to burst anybodies bubble but Facebook change a couple days ago. You can no longer save images from Facebook that are not yours......................... no more right click "save as"

:)

So in reality...... This entire thread is now pointless....... LOL...

Well, you can. There's the "Download this image in High resolution" option on the bottom left of the new image browser thing. Actually easier than "right-click..Save As"

The only thing you can do is:

1. not care about the taking your pictures (most of mine are not good enough to worry about yet)

2. Only upload low-res copies with watermarks (which they'll still download if they want it, but "no problem, it's only a poor copy".

3. Don't use Facebook (or any other site) for pictures...if someone wants them, they will get them.

Not to burst anybodies bubble but Facebook change a couple days ago. You can no longer save images from Facebook that are not yours......................... no more right click "save as"

Not having "Right Click > Save As" doesn't stop me (or anyone else who's got a bit of web "know how") from downloading images off facebook. Not saying that I do download images off of Facebook, but it's not really difficult to get to them and open them in a new tab and download the image directly.

Well, you can. There's the "Download this image in High resolution" option on the bottom left of the new image browser thing. Actually easier than "right-click..Save As"

That's only if the poster of the image chose to have it download in high resolution. I have Lightroom set up so that it uploads all of my photos at 750px on the longest edge, therefore no one can get a larger image than 750px, and they can't do much with that.

I'm not sure if Lightroom is capable of handing larger files to facebook and have them up for "high res download" but I don't really care to take the chance.

As stated before byt Bigtwinky:

IT IS BETTER TO BE SILENT AND THOUGHT OF A FOOL, THEN TO OPEN MY MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.

Seriously, I think you need to brush up on basic comprehension skills. I believe you were the one in another thread to whom I replied "you failed at reading comprehension"? (or something similar).

You seem to not understand the copyright laws and what facebook does.

And then, to top it off, you said that I stated the above? I never said that.

Don't missquote people, don't mislead people.

You said in another thread it is better to be silent and be thought of a fool then to open ones mouth and rmove all doubt. I opted to change the "ones" to "MY". Not misquoting.

Why is this thread still going? I get it I am an idiot, i'm pretty sure everybody knows by now?

I did not say that in any thread. You missquoted someone. You may have seen that in a thread where I also posted, but it was not me. :meh:

Those words are way too smart for me. :er:

Last edited:
I take photos for fun and post them on facebook. If people steal them, that is fine with me. I have no intentions on selling them. Whether you post on a forum, or on facebook, your images can be taken. If you dont want them stolen, dont post them.
Most photographers are just overpriced egotrips anyways. :er:

Most reactions

Back