ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Fuji Issue

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
I bought my Fuji Finepix S7000 in November, and the begnning of April, the lens stopped working. When you turn the camera on, it is supposed to come out (fixed lens), but it just quit coming out. So the camera was unusable. Since its still under warranty, I called Fuji, and they told me to take it to the nearest authorized repair place. I had to send it to Washington (I'm in Oregon), and sent it on April 8th.

After about 5 days, I called to ask if they had received it and how long it woul dbe for them to fix it. The place said it should be about 2 weeks. So I call back in 2 weeks, and they say "Oh, it was something we couldnt fix, so we just sent it to Fuji last week, it will be 4-6 weeks from the time they get it until you get it back".

So here it is, almost 6 weeks since I sent it to them, and I call them today, and the girl says that Fuji said it will be at least another 3 weeks before THEY get it back, so probably another 4 weeks before I get it back in my hands.

Am I off base to think that waiting 2 months to get your camera fixed is unreasonable? I would have paid to have it fixed myself if I knew it would be gone that long!

I am thinking about writing Fuji and complaining, but I dont know if its worth the time.

sillyphaunt said:
I am thinking about writing Fuji and complaining, but I dont know if its worth the time.

Write a letter. It costs you a little time and postage. At worst you're still stuck in the same boat you are already in. At best they will seek to pacify you with upgrades and accessories! It probably can't slow things down any more. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back