Arkansas says hello!

orchidboi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hard-steam.com
Hi folks!

I am new here and have really enjoied reading the forum. I have two main hobbies, orchids and photography. Beyond that, I am a college professor and teach theatre design & technology. I am working on a new book on orchid photography and looking for submissions. If you are interested, check it out and submit a photo or three for consideration! :D

I am much better at design and layout than photography so far, but I love a challenge. Here is a shot I took recently of a tiny phrag (ladyslipper orchid). I should have used a macro setting since the bloom is so tiny--only one inch across at the widest part. The photo is a bit fuzzy, but I like it.

http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4078&d=1150836675

Welcome!

I lived in Littlerock for three years when I was younger. Still remember the snakes!

Enjoy the forum.

hobbes28 said:
Welcome to the forum. It's the perfect place to quench the photography hobby. :D

Are you a prof. at the UofA?

No, I work at U of Ozarks. Thanks for the welcome from everyone! I am glad to have found this forum!

Hi, welcome to TPF.

Hallo Orchidboi and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Lets hope our very "digital_flower_pics" will find you here soon ... he might be a good candidate for photo submissions of one or three pics - also of orchids, maybe - for your book! While I myself have tons of flower pics, I doubt there is even only one orchid among them ... :scratch:

Welcome to TPF! :)

digital flower pictures said:
Welcome to the forum, orchidboi. :D

I have some orchid pictures on my website, digitalflowerpictures.com/

take a look and see if you like any of them (or if they are good enough :blushing: ) for your project.

I just read this article: Americans Obessed with Orchids. Maybe you will find it of interest.

Hi! Thanks for the link to your website and the article! You photos are stunning. The orchid shots are all very unique. If you would like to participate in the project, you are most welcome!!

I have a blue and gold macaw (saw the red one on your site). I just love that photo! Murphy, my macaw, loves to have his photo taken. He is such a nut for attention.

Thanks for the kind welcome!
Bruce

Most reactions

New Topics

Back