Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:meh:

Wow....just wow...

Mayor James Valley said:
"Now if somebody wants to sue us, they have an option to sue, but I'm fairly certain that a judge will see it the way the way the citizens see it here," Mayor James Valley said. "The citizens deserve peace, that some infringement on constitutional rights is OK and we have not violated anything as far as the Constitution."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080813/ap_on_re_us/arkansas_town_curfew

Get ready folks, more is coming. People are too ready to give up their freedoms/liberties in the name of "saftey". They may think it is only temporary, but once a freedom/liberty is taken away, it never really comes back.

Get ready folks, more is coming. People are too ready to give up their freedoms/liberties in the name of "saftey". They may think it is only temporary, but once a freedom/liberty is taken away, it never really comes back.

Bifurcator...is that you?

So, uhhh...wow.

I cannot believe anyone would possibly hold up something like that. And the thought that no one belongs outside past 3AM except for police and people going to the hospital...preposterous! While I was working at NPR, I started at 4:15 quite often, to work on Morning Edition. That means I had to leave my apartment at 3:15...

So, uhhh...wow.

I cannot believe anyone would possibly hold up something like that. And the thought that no one belongs outside past 3AM except for police and people going to the hospital...preposterous! While I was working at NPR, I started at 4:15 quite often, to work on Morning Edition. That means I had to leave my apartment at 3:15...

Good thing there's no NPR in West Helena.

I've never been down that far in Arkansas, but as a fellow Arkansan, I can tell you that the whole south-eastern part of the state is criminal as all hell. There's nothing down there but a bunch of uneducated loser hicks who do nothing but get pleasure out of drinking, doing drugs, and killing each other.

But I don't need to tell people this. All you'd have to do is visit Helena, or Pine Bluff, or any place else down that way and you'd see it for yourself.

"As far as I'm concerned, at 3 o'clock in the morning, nobody has any business being on the street, except the law," Councilman Eugene "Red" Johnson said. "Anyone out at 3 o'clock shouldn't be out on the street, unless you're going to the hospital."

I call bull **** right there. I can understand police inquiring what people are doing out and about at that time in the morning, but bluntly saying there is no reason regardless, WRONG. I have been stopped and or watched by police a number of occations roaming the city at that hour of the night, it has gotten to the point where only out of town police such as county and state do it. The two local police forces (the city police and the Seneca Nation Martials) ignore me because they know full well that I have a reason for being out at that hour and they know what that reason is.

Sorry Mayor whats your face, that is just a blatently incorrect responce. There are reasons that are valid, like it or not.

Good thing there's no NPR in West Helena.

I've never been down that far in Arkansas, but as a fellow Arkansan, I can tell you that the whole south-eastern part of the state is criminal as all hell. There's nothing down there but a bunch of uneducated loser hicks who do nothing but get pleasure out of drinking, doing drugs, and killing each other.

But I don't need to tell people this. All you'd have to do is visit Helena, or Pine Bluff, or any place else down that way and you'd see it for yourself.

Umm...wow... Can we lease refrain from generalizing an entire area by calling them losers? Seriously, this is one of the rudest posts I think I've ever seen here.

Umm...wow... Can we lease refrain from generalizing an entire area by calling them losers? Seriously, this is one of the rudest posts I think I've ever seen here.

Yeah it was. I was upset, and I was trying to be rude and offensive. But at least I did a good job of it. BTW I can be much more offensive, but this forum seems to be pretty uptight. So I won't try and stir things up (I should know better). Sorry, sir.

But I will say that although people are entitled to their opinion, you really don't get it until you've been to a place like that at night. I'm not saying these actions are justified, but I understand them, whether right or wrong. I know a lot of people from down that way where I work, and they are all somewhat relieved to see something being done. They by no means want this to be permanant, but they feel a, "surge," in crime-fighting may be what it takes to take these gangsters somewhere else (Probably Memphis, Little Rock or Pine Bluff).

Yeah it was. I was upset, and I was trying to be rude and offensive. But at least I did a good job of it. BTW I can be much more offensive, but this forum seems to be pretty uptight. So I won't try and stir things up (I should know better). Sorry, sir.

But I will say that although people are entitled to their opinion, you really don't get it until you've been to a place like that at night. I'm not saying these actions are justified, but I understand them, whether right or wrong. I know a lot of people from down that way where I work, and they are all somewhat relieved to see something being done. They by no means want this to be permanant, but they feel a, "surge," in crime-fighting may be what it takes to take these gangsters somewhere else (Probably Memphis, Little Rock or Pine Bluff).

Uptight? Are you serious? Because we don't allow politics or religion? Because we don't allow blatant personal attacks?

You haven't been on many *decent* forums on the net, have you?

And a few things:

1) if you're going to try to be offensive on purpose, walk away from the computer, instead.

2) if you have an issue with someone, you can 1) report them or PM a mod to discuss it, 2) ignore them, or 3) settle it civilly via PM. Don't take your anger out by intentionally bashing large groups of people . . . or one person, for that matter.

Zip it.

Most reactions

Back