Around the village (videos)

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Since there isn't a forum for video works, I will post these two here. One thing I wanted to experiment with when getting the D750 is video. I know it's not the best DSLR for video, but it fits me needs in other areas. Anyways, specifically I wanted to take videos with the 105mm macro.

Here are two videos that I took on separate visits to my grandparents place. It's a very small village in southern Taiwan, mostly old folks who were born, lived and will die in the same town, sometimes, in the same house. Most of the young and strong have left for more prosperous places. What's left is farmland that keeps the abled old folks occupied, and the rest underutilized.

Anyways, the first one was taken during a few days of heavy rain. In begins with shots taken from inside the house since it was pouring outside. Later in the video, I ventured out with my camera, tripod and an umbrella to the streets and farmland seeking for ordinary shots that I find extraordinary because I want to keep them as memories.

The second video was a challenge for myself to shoot the entire video with just the 105mm macro lens.

Both videos were shot within about 200m radius from my grandparents' place. I think there are simply lots of details to be recorded as long as we take the patience to appreciate them.

I don't have any special video equipment like sliders or those things that helps to pan the camera. I just have the regular still photography gears, and adjust the focus ring by hand. So, shaky frame expected, but I try my best to keep it steady.

Enjoy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back