Art

LuckySo-n-So

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When you see something like the youtube clip below, does it make you wonder how you dare call yourself an artist (and let's face it, as photographers, whether it be amateur or professional, we are artists)? Does it make you wonder why you even bother and therefore want to chuck your gear in the trash?

It has been a LONG time since I've seen something so moving. This clip (if you haven't seen it) is worth every second it takes to watch it.

Astounding.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was so beautiful! However, it inspires me to be better at whatever form of art I create, not the other way around. It shows me that art can be anything, be it as strange and unconventional as sand drawing. :) Now I feel like going out and taking some abstract shots!

amazing for sure; however, she didn't start out making such beauty so easily.

I can't paint and would be a real failure at sand painting, but i can use a camera, sometimes with great success and sometimes with failure. So, IMHO, it is important to discover how best each one can fullfill their artistic vision.

so, this doesn't move me to toss out the equipment, but rather appreciate the wonder of art in all it's forms.

thanks for posting this site.

First off thanks for sharing - a great dispaly :)

As for the thoughts I always get the feeling that lot of photographers wish they could draw or do more "real" art than they often can (either through simple lack of skill or learning). I also don't think that when you compared different art forms of skill that there is one which is overall better than the other - since each will have its own powers and attractions and can be appreciated for what it is.

Note that those such things as Tate Modern stuff - like cat litter tray art and unwashed coffee mugs I (personally) list under the unskilled art line - but possibly under the skilled flogging line ;)

Bloody brilliant. Now that is talent. :D I would give away one of my neighbors to be able to draw a perfect circle in the sand, but I would watch this for hours.

Most reactions

Back