What's new

artistic direction / guidance requested!

echoyjeff2221

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all,

this is another sunrise shot that I got of rays passing into the valley ... I feel that I can do a lot more with this shot, but I am a bit stuck at the moment. Here's a preliminary shot -- I didn't do much at all. I darkened the foreground and lightened the background, did the basic contrast and warmed it up a tad. But, I really feel like I could do a lot more with this. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated!!!

I'm mostly wondering about the foreground. Should I crop things around? Should I keep it dark or lighten it a bit?

test by .Jeffrey L., on Flickr
 
Have you got the raw file so I can have a play around and see what I think?
I totally understand if you don't want to share it :)
 
I would lighten the foreground. Do you have any without a blown sky?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@paigew By foreground are you referring to the first layer of rocks or the first and second. If both, should I keep a gradient of sorts? Actually I like your idea overall because then I can get some more contrast overall ... since the first two layers are right now are sort of dull and similar.

@LimePanda yeah sure, I can give you the raw file -- how should I send it over?
 
Any chance of recovering the sky? I would try lightening the foreground to see the effect, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
 
@paigew By foreground are you referring to the first layer of rocks or the first and second. If both, should I keep a gradient of sorts? Actually I like your idea overall because then I can get some more contrast overall ... since the first two layers are right now are sort of dull and similar.

@LimePanda yeah sure, I can give you the raw file -- how should I send it over?

A dropbox would probably work
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom