As generic as it gets for me.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I photographed my boss's daughter for a feature in the local newspaper here in Ketchikan. This was the same shoot that I had done the dappled light shots that I posted in another thread, but obviously we wouldn't be able to use those in the newspaper. These were a few that we had taken to choose for submissions, plus one fun one that she had dedicated to me/

$_MG_9699.jpg$_MG_9702.jpg$_MG_9704.jpg$_MG_9709.jpg

Very nice. The photos seem a bit on the cool side. Was that the intended look? Either way, I like these. I think her personality comes through in the photos really well and I like your choice of background and location for this shoot, particularly #2 and #3.

Nice, I love number 1. and number 3! haha

White balance seems off, she is very blue. I don't think her skin tone should match her blue jeans.
I'm not seeing the blue tone at all. I'm viewing it on my phone currently which is very accurate to print.

Excellent captures but the cool tones were the first thing I noticed, too. Having said that, as I am becoming familiar with your work I tend to think that this is probably deliberate, I think you're too good to do this accidentally... and it is quite an interesting effect though I'm not sure I like it. :D

Excellent captures but the cool tones were the first thing I noticed, too. Having said that, as I am becoming familiar with your work I tend to think that this is probably deliberate, I think you're too good to do this accidentally... and it is quite an interesting effect though I'm not sure I like it. :D
Personally, yes I don't lean towards too warm of shots, but all this feedback is making me think. I wasn't going for a cold tone intentionally, so perhaps I'm relying too much on some editing habits. I think I'm going to focus a lot on pushing myself to go outside of my comfort zone and question my habits for the next few shoots I do. Thanks for the feedback!

Personally, yes I don't lean towards too warm of shots, but all this feedback is making me think. I wasn't going for a cold tone intentionally, so perhaps I'm relying too much on some editing habits. I think I'm going to focus a lot on pushing myself to go outside of my comfort zone and question my habits for the next few shoots I do. Thanks for the feedback!

A lot of your photos have cold tones.. but they're always interesting to me. I wouldn't say any of them were bad at all, just cool. And as for stepping outside your comfort zone, I think as creative as you are, if you experiment you're going to have some dynamite shots.

Great shots! I don't mind the cool tones but she appears a tad underexposed in most of them.

I agree, slightly underexposed in general (but the dramatic lighting on her face makes that difficult to correct without overexposure) and they are somewhat cool. As an example... +3 Brightness, +6 Red, - 6 Green (edit on the right) Pretty significant difference...

$sss.jpg

Last edited:
It's cold in Alaska, hence the cooler tones. Duh...

She's cool toned because she's in cool light.

Are those shoes dem Sperry's?

I love the posing... but definitely too cool and exposure could be bumped a tad too.

Most reactions

Back