jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This little bug was inside the house. I transferred it outside, and then got a shot of it using the Sigma 105mm Macro. If the lighting conditions had been better, I would have tried for a deeper DOF, but the plant was moving, the bug was moving, the photographer was moving, and I just went for the shot.

may02202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice capture. I've been trying to ID this using my limited guide and knowledge. Nearest I could get is the 13 Spot Ladybird (that's what we call them) Hippodamia 13 punctata which is described as native to grass and meadowland and is quite rare in the UK. Not sure I'm convinced but for what it's worth............

Nice capture. I've been trying to ID this using my limited guide and knowledge. Nearest I could get is the 13 Spot Ladybird (that's what we call them) Hippodamia 13 punctata which is described as native to grass and meadowland and is quite rare in the UK. Not sure I'm convinced but for what it's worth............
Thanks! It's an Asian Lady Beetle, which we have plenty of here. People order boxes full of them to control aphids on their vegetables and roses. You can guess where they are shipped from...

It's hell trying to do macro in FL, it's almost always windy to some degree so I understand your frustration, and nice capture, Jeff.

It's hell trying to do macro in FL, it's almost always windy to some degree so I understand your frustration, and nice capture, Jeff.
Yeah, it gets pretty windy here, it's all open plains and the wind can get down right agravating.
Worked out well J.
Thanks!

Most reactions

Back