[ Ask ] How long camera last till buying new one ?????

canonsl2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am thinking about this , if i buy a new camera let say EOS SL 2 , for now ... and how long that camera need to be replaced new one , .... technology upgrade fast >> does it keep good shot for couple yrs or year old then quality step down ,

apple now every yrs release new iphone with upgrade better camera improve , if dsrl camera work same way like iphone , i can't affort it every yrs , instead buy an iphone cheaper ,

thanks.....:1219:

Do cameras improve every year? Absolutely. Just like any technology.

But the performance of a camera you buy today will be exactly the same in a decade as it is now. Sure, it won’t be the best on the market anymore. But it will definitely still take great photos.

One of the things you learn... the better the photographer, the cheaper of a camera they can get away with using. There are photographers on this forum who could use a 15 year old Nikon D200 ($100 on eBay) and get better results than I would with a brand new top of the line D5 ($6500).

As long as you get a camera with manual controls and decent low light capabilities it will serve you well for many years.

funny-dog-ball-wish-iPhone.jpg

oh my ......

top decision now ....

i about to spend 900 bucks for camera , every yrs new iphone came out , and 900$ buck financial 12 months, after 12 months anotherr camera release ,>>>>

wow :048:

rubbish.

If my D70 had not died, I would still be using it, 14 years after I bought it.
I still use my F2, 40+ years after I bought it.

If you are caught up in the marketing of having to upgrade with each new model of phone or camera, then that is a totally different subject, which is totally unrelated to how long the camera will last or be useably functional.

I am thinking about this , if i buy a new camera let say EOS SL 2 , for now ... and how long that camera need to be replaced new one , .... technology upgrade fast >> does it keep good shot for couple yrs or year old then quality step down ,

apple now every yrs release new iphone with upgrade better camera improve , if dsrl camera work same way like iphone , i can't affort it every yrs , instead buy an iphone cheaper ,

thanks.....:1219:

I think the Canon SL2 ought to last you for five years. It has fairly mature technology for a Canon d-slr, so the next model will likely not have much improvement; since d-slrs are now fairly "mature" technology cameras, I do not think the following model will be a big enough improvement to make it worth the expense.

that sound fair and less concern >> .... thanks...........@@@@@@@@@@@

........... I do not think the following model will be a big enough improvement to make it worth the expense.

That's been my MO for the past few years now. I'm still using D600s and a D7100. I haven't seen enough of a major advancement in the current offerings to consider upgrading. Incremental improvements just don't ring my bell.

does oes sl 2 work good enough for street shoot ???

i hope it beat iphone 8+ snap selfie/ otherwise i have to return back and respondsible 15% open fee

I have more money than sense. I do like to try and keep up with Technology.....:(

Sony seems to come out with a new one every other month. One of the things I like about Fuji is they upgrade their firmware with new features

How long camera last till buying new one ?????

However long it takes for me to save up enough fun money without the DW finding out.

I have not bought a new camera for years, my last was an Nikon 1 V2 as i just dont have the money to buy new these day`s

Lately i have been buying 2nd hand camera`s from ebay, My last was an Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V, It`s a few years old and cost around ÂŁ300 when new, I got it for ÂŁ36 fully boxed, The only fault was an a tiny dent and a couple of light scraches on the display but the lcd is perfect, the lens and the rest of the camera are perfect.

John.

Hmmm - I got the D40 in 2007, then the D750 in 2017. Yep, 10 years seems about right.

Most reactions

Back