Asking for help identifying a vintage camera

Dante1717

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cbn2x-kcrr1.jpg
cbytn-h88g5.jpg

Hi there, i need help identifying this camera. I dont know much about vintage cameras. I just know that it is Argus brand. Any help would be appericiated .

-Thank you

cbn2x-kcrr1.jpg
cbytn-h88g5.jpg

Hi there, i need help identifying this camera. I dont know much about vintage cameras. I just know that it is Argus brand. Any help would be appericiated .

-Thank you

The lens is the key in this case to knowing the brand camera is an Argus and don’t quote me but the other longer word starting with an A is the model. I presume.

Thanks for the post. I am into collecting cameras, and like seeing the large variety of makes and models built throughout photographic history. They show such crafty designs.

What numbers are shown on the top of the Argus in the semi-circular reading window for lack of a better description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lens is the key in this case to knowing the brand camera is an Argus and don’t quote me but the other longer word starting with an A is the model. I presume.
Sorry, I've quoted you! The longer word starting with an A is 'anastigmat' which is a type of lens. Nearly all camera lenses are anastigmats. Camera model names are rarely on the lens bezel.

It is an Argus CC or Argus Colorcamera from the early 1940s.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back