Asking for photo accessory advice; visiting my girlfriend in Terrace, British Columbia in March.

anewcontraption

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't get to visit my girlfriend often and I'd like to try and take some decent (or as decent as mobile phone lenses get) photos of her/us and the scenery around her town. I'll probably take some portraits of her, and some landscapes of the mountains and surrounding forestry. EDIT: I have an iPhone 6, FYI

I bought a 12x telephoto lens from photojojo.com (seen here iPhone Telephoto Lens). The description says it's "Like having a 500mm Sigma for your phone!" The lens has a nice zoom but does indeed show a bit of vignetting, which I don't really mind. Photojojo gifted me $20 in store credit for ordering from them and I'm having trouble deciding what to spend it on.

They have a 2x telephoto lens as well
Photojojo's Magnetic Phone Lens Series

A "Pocket Spotlight", so you can attach an LED light source to your phone
The Pocket Spotlight

and "the iPhone Lens Wallet" to store all of your belongings
The iPhone Lens Wallet

Any suggestions?

-Reed

I'd probably think about the lens(es), that might give you more options shooting besides the telephoto you already have. Unless you'd be taking pictures indoors a lot, then maybe the light... Then, if you buy more photo accessories you'll need something to store them in!

See what happens when you get into photography?? lol

And now you got me looking at the fun stuff on Photojojo's site...

I'd probably think about the lens(es), that might give you more options shooting besides the telephoto you already have. Unless you'd be taking pictures indoors a lot, then maybe the light... Then, if you buy more photo accessories you'll need something to store them in!

See what happens when you get into photography?? lol

And now you got me looking at the fun stuff on Photojojo's site...
Well you see, I have something called an ōlloclip and it comes with 4 lenses, including 2 macro lenses (10x and 15x), a wide-angle lens, and a fisheye lens, so that's pretty cool.

olloclip 4-IN-1 for iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus

I think I'll mostly be taking pictures of her so that's why I was thinking telephoto. Haha, photography does seem like an expensive hobby now that I look into it. Photojojo has tons of neat things! Their staff is super friendly too.

O.K., then get the light. You will be amazed at how a light can improve your photos! Normally I would suggest an electronic flash, but even that LED will help. I hope it comes with instructions.

The light was my first choice, but then I began thinking of all the other options there were, haha. I think i'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back